Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What does "3 points" mean?

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Transferring stamps to a new passport

There was also a thread in the Holding Room, "Untitled", that was led by Smiles' post, presumably put there by an incompetent moderator, not realising that they were actually duplicating it. There were several subsequent comments from posters critical of the general moderation but the whole thread has been deleted.

"There will be none of that Grosvenor Square nonsense up here" as a policeman once said to me in Rochdale, referencing the demonstrations outside the American Embassy in London against the Vietnam war. They were of course happy to let big Cyril carry on regardless.

How's that for going off topic!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Following your Orwellian comment in post #30, Smiles, I would imagine that it could mean Room 101 for you.
    And Room 101 was, as you well know, full of rats. The metaphor makes one LOL ... but a bit over the top, so let's not get too dramatic now, shall we.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    How many points for telling you and your generally useless Mods to stick your points up your arse ? Whatever it is feel free to go ahead and add away - only back to the board after several days away and can’t beleive I’m
    reading shit like this about “points” still to very long term posters here and on such an innocent thread. You guys really are losing the plot and need to catch a grip on yourselves it would seem as you’re not improving the board, you’re slowly ruining it !.
    tell me more.jpeg
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

4. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 25th, 2018)

Liked

Re: What does "3 points" mean?

We as members should setup our own points system for the mods to even things out.

Mod infraction to arsenal -- 2 points!

6. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 25th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    I think I've been awarded "3 points" by Moses for my posts in this topic (talking about 'off topic').
    Lier.

It is clearly stated in infraction receipt what reason of infraction is "Public discussion of action of moderation"

smil-1.gif
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Moses, just a quick heads up. If this was a gamers forum full of teenagers, then I could understand a points / infraction system.

However, this is SGT. I'm 36, and am one of the youngest members here, if not the youngest. I really hope you know putting a bunch of folks in their 50s, 60s, and 70s on some childish points system is extremely stupid and foolish. Do you really expect anyone on SGT to take your points system seriously? We're not 12 years old.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    I really hope you know putting a bunch of folks in their 50s, 60s, and 70s on some childish points system is extremely stupid and foolish. Do you really expect anyone on SGT to take your points system seriously? We're not 12 years old.
    Do you think I care if "anyone on SGT to take your points system seriously"? I don't.

Seriously or not seriously, but robot will just shutdown account for 7 days after 15 points. It has no doubts. That's all you need to know about infraction system. I have no time to remember who violates rules "first time" who is systematical violator, so I gave that job to robot, it s function of forum's software, it isn't "my system".

10. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (January 27th, 2018)

Liked

Oh, it's not even the mods who determine the points? It's the software?

Ok, I'm going to guess this isn't exactly advanced AI we're running here, so let's give this a try....

You stupid sumbag piece of shit...

Do I get some points now too?

Liked

I really hope you know putting a bunch of folks in their 50s, 60s, and 70s on some childish points system is extremely stupid and foolish. Do you really expect anyone on SGT to take your points system seriously? We're not 12 years old.
    The police use a similar points system for traffic violations. Earn 13 demerit points and you lose your licence.

The drivers are all over 12 years old.

Some of them are even "folks in their 50s, 60s and 70s."

Just sayin'.......

13. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (January 27th, 2018)

Liked

Oh, it's not even the mods who determine the points? It's the software?
    Quantity of infraction points is predeterminated by me, moderators have to choose what point of rules been breached, software will do rest: issue warning, send receipt, count points, suspend user who has more points than it is allowed by limit, release user after time of suspension.