Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Transferring stamps to a new passport

Liked

Re: Transferring stamps to a new passport

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Oh, and eye surgery is fairly on topic to the OP?
    My apologies, matt! Jellybean and his eye problems and etc, etc, etc, did lead me astray from the topic of his post, transferring visa stamps

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    I feel as if I've been horse-whipped by an out-of-control jelly bean . . .
    What a deliciously funny image you conjured up in the above sentence, Smiles. It made me laugh out loud. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    . . . I plead guilty Jelly-B ... apparently having forgotten the gist of so many of your posts. Hell, even how you are able to remember so many at your age of 106 is beyond me . . .
    Er, em . . . much as I hate to correct such an esteemed member such as yourself, but I’m 107 years old, actually. There will, of course, be doubters, but I have saved all the birthday telegrams from the Queen to prove it.

3. User who gave Like to post:

Smiles (January 23rd, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    My apologies, matt! Jellybean and his eye problems and etc, etc, etc, did lead me astray from the topic of his post, transferring visa stamps
    Oh-oh! It’s that damnably out-of-control rogue poster Jellybean to blame yet again.

It could all have been predicated, let him back on the forum to post again and there will be nothing but outrage and carnage as he upsets all the superannuated long term members and tears up the rule book on posting guidelines.

If I were you françois, I‘d take him out and give him a damn good flogging when you see him in Pattaya next week. But be careful, the wretched blighter might just enjoy it.

5. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 23rd, 2018), bobsaigon2 (January 23rd, 2018), francois (January 23rd, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    ...I did not know how to exit the huge government compound and I knew the traffic at 5:00pm would be horrendous. I offered to pay 200 Baht and the deliciously handsome cab driver said he would take me for 250 Baht...
    After such a dreadful day spent at the government offices - combining repeated traumatic incidents with mind-numbing boredom - I'm pleased to see that you still maintained unimpaired the ability to check out and give the nod of approval to a handsome man when appropriate. You are a fine, upstanding member of this forum, Sir, who, by demonstrating the ability to uphold its fine traditions at even the darkest hour, certainly deserves to be reinstated for life (if not longer).
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

7. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 23rd, 2018), bobsaigon2 (January 23rd, 2018), christianpfc (January 23rd, 2018), Jellybean (January 23rd, 2018)

Liked

Jellybeans recent posts have been interesting, useful, humorous, self-deprecating, relevant to many here, well written., not insulting and generally a bloody good show.

Therefore it is only apposite that the lifetime or longer ban be lengthened. Here here.

9. User who gave Like to post:

Jellybean (January 23rd, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kkjason View Post
    Actually - if you were American - you would just go down to the Pulman Hotel when they come - they process your passport application right there and mail it back to you. Does your embassy do that? Doesn't sound like it ...
    Please kkjason, speak kindly and gently to cdnmatt. He is a North Alberta Canadian (I should know, being one of 'em, but not from North Alberta of course) and speaks in childish cliches (kinda like your President).
    Deep down (think "low bar") at heart he is a simple fool, posting foolish stuff here ... but we all put up with it (he said, rolling his eyes): Google "Comedy Relief".

PS ... I wonder: wouldn't it be sweetish if Cdnmatt was just like Jelly Bean? Talking about Jelly Bean that is.

PPS ... Off topic? Yep, I know. Shoot me.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kkjason View Post
    Actually - if you were American - you would just go down to the Pulman Hotel when they come - they process your passport application right there and mail it back to you. Does your embassy do that? Doesn't sound like it...All American Embassy services worldwide are self-funded by fees as of 20 years ago and are not subject to budget constraints by the government - i.e. no government shutdown. Perhaps you should check your information before you send it out on a forum.

Check your own information. Sure, you could still submit a passport application, but that doesn't mean it's going to get processed in a timely manner. And no, they don't print passports at the Pullman hotel on the spot.

Doesn't matter, US govt is back open until Feb 8th. Whoo hoo!

Liked

Jellybean, welcome back posting here!

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Well, it looks like I have drifted way off topic on my own topic. Naughty, Jellybean, I probably incurred a few penalty points for this serious rule break. Ah well, such is life, no one is perfect.
    Thread starters may derail their topics with impunity. (ChristianPFC the Moderator)

Never take a standing taxi. As for traffic jam, going slower than 6 km/h is charged at 2 THB/min, so traffic jam cannot be used as an excuse for a fixed price.

Getting to/from Government Complex by public transport and my various experiences extension of stay here:
    http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/201...nt-center.html

Liked

Christian wrote.
    "Thread starters may derail their topics with impunity. (ChristianPFC the Moderator)"

Quite. A few more posts from those who do little but come in to a thread to 'av a go' or 'make jokes' about other members might be a good idea because in all probability those days are likely numbered.

14. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (January 23rd, 2018)

Liked

This is all Jellybean's fault for making an interesting post about his Passport and his eyes.

16. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 24th, 2018), Jellybean (January 24th, 2018)