Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Transferring stamps to a new passport

Liked

Re: Transferring stamps to a new passport

I don't know about VISA stamps, but I can say thank fuck I'm not American. I have a passport application pending still, and I get responses from the Canadian embassy same day. I guess I'm getting a limited validity passport, so good.

If I was American and sent a message to the embassy, I'm assuming I'd just get an auto-reply saying they're not working or processing passport applications right now, because they don't have any money to pay their staff. heh, that's crazy for the world's most powerful nation.

Liked

Jellybean, I just love your positive attitude and the way you face up to adversity - you seem to take it all in your stride without complaint.

You remind me of that song "Rubber Ball" - you just keep bouncing back!

3. User who gave Like to post:

Jellybean (January 23rd, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    If I was American and sent a message to the embassy, I'm assuming I'd just get an auto-reply saying they're not working or processing passport applications right now, because they don't have any money to pay their staff. heh, that's crazy for the world's most powerful nation.
    US Embassies and Consulates operate on a separate budget so are not affected by the government shutdown. Business as usual for them.

Liked

"US Embassies and Consulates operate on a separate budget so are not affected by the government shutdown. Business as usual for them."

That's true, and they may continue to offer temporary travel documents, but regular passports are processed in the U.S. (Atlanta, I believe) and that office will not be open during the shutdown.

Liked

I know that Jellybean said it was ok to wander off topic but cdnmatt's post is way off topic. But what is new about that?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by mahjongguy View Post
    "US Embassies and Consulates operate on a separate budget so are not affected by the government shutdown. Business as usual for them."

That's true, and they may continue to offer temporary travel documents, but regular passports are processed in the U.S. (Atlanta, I believe) and that office will not be open during the shutdown.
    Passport Services During Lapse in Appropriations

Emergency Alert January 20, 2018 Passport Services During Lapse in Appropriations

At this time, scheduled passport services in the United States and our posts overseas will continue during the lapse in appropriations as the situation permits. This website will not be regularly updated until full operations resume, with the exception of emergency safety and security information.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    I know that Jellybean said it was ok to wander off topic but cdnmatt's post is way off topic. But what is new about that?

Oh, and eye surgery is fairly on topic to the OP?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Oh, and eye surgery is fairly on topic to the OP?
    Are you referring to my post #6?

Liked

I feel as if I've been horse-whipped by an out-of-control jelly bean. Now I know how the murderous monk in in the Da Vinci Code felt:

I plead guilty Jelly-B ... apparently having forgotten the gist of so many of your posts. Hell, even how you are able to remember so many at your age of 106 is beyond me.
    As for myself, early onset dementia might be suggested as a cause, but I have yet to be officially diagnosed.
    Naturally, now I must make amends by bloody-well reading every single one of your posts since 1965. I begin tomorrow after my dental implant surgery at Bangkok Hospital [Hua Hin] .

As for you ... you still got it Babe!
    Your prose in your/my 'Evisceration Post' above is absolutely formidable, and a pleasure to read ... so long as one is a closet masochist like myself.
    Last edited by Smiles; January 23rd, 2018 at 05:13.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

11. User who gave Like to post:

Jellybean (January 23rd, 2018)

Liked

I don't know about VISA stamps, but I can say thank fuck I'm not American. I have a passport application pending still, and I get responses from the Canadian embassy same day. I guess I'm getting a limited validity passport, so good.

Actually - if you were American - you would just go down to the Pulman Hotel when they come - they process your passport application right there and mail it back to you. Does your embassy do that? Doesn't sound like it...All American Embassy services worldwide are self-funded by fees as of 20 years ago and are not subject to budget constraints by the government - i.e. no government shutdown. Perhaps you should check your information before you send it out on a forum.

13. User who gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (January 23rd, 2018)