FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cuisine au Beurre.

Liked

Re: Cuisine au Buerre.

I think that is more likely to be Deli Diner

Liked

Just noticed the Buerre/Better error. Predictive text is entirely to blame. I agree with a general dislike of children working in 'family run' restaurants.

Liked

Re: Cuisine au Beurre.

Fixed the typo in the headline.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pennyboy View Post
    I think that is more likely to be Deli Diner
    Agree with you pennyboy, typical of Deli Diner, at least when it first opened.

Liked

The duck at CoB.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Forum's veteran
    Liked

What did you have for the main course ?

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (January 15th, 2018), Halfhansum (January 15th, 2018)

Liked

That's nouvelle cuisine in its true presentation. Good for the waistline.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Especially the chips!

10. User who gave Like to post:

Smiles (January 15th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Just noticed the Buerre/Better error. Predictive text is entirely to blame. I agree with a general dislike of children working in 'family run' restaurants.
    Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Agree with you pennyboy, typical of Deli Diner, at least when it first opened.
    Thanks for the restaurant and bar reviews from your current trip thus far Arsenal, updates always appreciated prior to an upcoming trip which I have at the end of January.

Having children take the order without supervision I think does put off some customers and I'm not sure if restaurant owners realise this, it's often a problem with thais and their children as parents seem to give quite a bit more leeway to kids in Thailand than the west. Bf makes a big fuss of having the snack and sweet racks looking good in his shop because the kids tend to have the say where they buy snacks, the adults just follow suit and buy their more expensive items there too, so bf reckons the kids are the ones he needs to attract.

At Deli Diner it doesn't bother me that much as the older girl, from memory, has decent English and has never got an order wrong so far (especially with the excellent point-at-the-menu-item method!) even now knows my usual coffee order, and will ask first if I want my usual or if I want the menu when I sit down. She takes orders rarely and sometimes I have seen the main waitress go check with a customer after the girl takes the order to make sure it's correct or advise something, so i'm not quite sure why they let the kid do it in the first place.

To be honest I find very little difference in quality, price or service between Au Beurre, Petite and Deli they all produce tasty, reasonably priced dishes but favour Deli for the coffee, their occasional British Special (i.e.Cottage Pie etc ) when I tire of the sticky rice menu back in the room and the option to itemise your own breakfast (as, like suggest by another poster find the Full English far too much for my needs). Also I've never had a complaint to make in all the times I have used them, in fact I can't think of an occasion where the meal hasn't been first class so if a table on the front section is available will always go to Deli first.

12. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 18th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post
    Having children take the order without supervision I think does put off some customers and I'm not sure if restaurant owners realise this, it's often a problem with thais and their children as parents seem to give quite a bit more leeway to kids in Thailand than the west.
    Perhaps it's an Asian thing, as in the various Asian restaurants here you'll often their kids taking orders.

Why aren't they at school, I wonder.

14. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 18th, 2018)