Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Gippy Tummy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Gippy Tummy

In the first years, I certainly got stomach problems in Thailand far more often than in Europe (in Thailand more than once per year, in Europe three times in 30 years). I could never track any of these cases back to a certain food or restaurant. But now I can eat streetfood and drink tap water everywhere in SEAsia without problems.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    ...... and drink tap water everywhere in SEAsia without problems.
    But is that wise Christian as surely it's not so much about you perhaps building up a resistance to certain germs in the water perhaps ( which can happen of course) but more that there are such a wide variety and number of possible different germs that could be in the tap water there at any time that's the issue. I'm maybe wrong but I dont recall seeing many Thai's drinking the tap water with abandon ?? ( or I I wrong there ??) I certainly brush my teeth with the tap water there but I wouldn't like to be sitting down and drinking pint glasses full of the stuff everyday ( if that's what you're suggesting you do ??)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    But is that wise Christian as surely it's not so much about you perhaps building up a resistance to certain germs in the water perhaps ( which can happen of course) but more that there are such a wide variety and number of possible different germs that could be in the tap water there at any time that's the issue. I'm maybe wrong but I dont recall seeing many Thai's drinking the tap water with abandon ?? ( or I I wrong there ??) I certainly brush my teeth with the tap water there but I wouldn't like to be sitting down and drinking pint glasses full of the stuff everyday ( if that's what you're suggesting you do ??)
    It's not the germs in the water you need to worry about. There are far more harmful things in Bangkok's drinking water that have seeped into old broken pipes from the surrounding area. Bangkoks water is perfectly drinkable at source, but old pipes make it very dangerous when it gets to some places in the city.

I used to use tap water for coffee in Bangkok, assuming boiling it was fine. After speaking at length with a Thai friend and him showing me info on this stuff, I quickly stopped!

All streets and condo have the water filter machines where you can get 1.5 liters of water for 1 Baht. Nobody in Thailand is really priced out of that. Stay safe!

4. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (January 16th, 2018)