Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Hotels...To book or not to book?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Liked

Re: Hotels...To book or not to book?

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Yep, I'm fully aware that its the same two or three companies that own most of the hotel booking sites, I never thought or suggested otherwise
    So what exactly did you mean by your assertion "as hotels usually only allocate a certain % of their rooms to the "discount" booking sites" since that simply isn't supported by what you now claim to know?
    https://www.theguardian.com/money/bl...st-hotel-rates

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    So what exactly did you mean by your assertion "as hotels usually only allocate a certain % of their rooms to the "discount" booking sites"]
    Without going over the same ground I meant exactly what I said as I've had numerous experiences of hotels only making a certain number but not ALL of their rooms to the available to the various ( or some or just one) booking site, I can only assume this is as the hotel KNOWS they can fill a certain number of rooms themselves at their preferred (higher) rates and without paying the any commission to the sites, whereas then they'll use / all the sites to hopefully fill up their remaining available unsold rooms. Or Likewise in reverse and hotel with few guests may use the sites to get (some) people into the hotel, either to simply cover the staff's wage cost or to make the hotel appear busier, in the hope then of attracting more private ( higher paying) full tariff guests. But either way it's ablsutely not uncommon for hotels to only make a certain percentage and certainly not all of their rooms available for booking via the booking sites - hence it's not uncommon for a room to be available on the sites, but when you ring it IS still available via the hotel directly, which is I believe what I'd said.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Without going over the same ground I meant exactly what I said as I've had numerous experiences of hotels only making a certain number but not ALL of their rooms to the available to the various ( or some or just one) booking site, I can only assume this is as the hotel KNOWS they can fill a certain number of rooms themselves at their preferred (higher) rates and without paying the any commission to the sites, whereas then they'll use / all the sites to hopefully fill up their remaining available unsold rooms. Or Likewise in reverse and hotel with few guests may use the sites to get (some) people into the hotel, either to simply cover the staff's wage cost or to make the hotel appear busier, in the hope then of attracting more private ( higher paying) full tariff guests. But either way it's ablsutely not uncommon for hotels to only make a certain percentage and certainly not all of their rooms available for booking via the booking sites - hence it's not uncommon for a room to be available on the sites, but when you ring it IS still available via the hotel directly, which is I believe what I'd said.
    Right - all based on your subjective experiences - very scientific