List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hotels...To book or not to book?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Hotels...To book or not to book?

well what other basis would you like me to comment on other than my own ACTUAL experiences and from talking to numerous hotel managers who have also confirmed this with me, I dont quite get your point, if you dont agree fine, I couldn't care less, just my view, take it or leave it, up to you. That IS how and why many hotels avail of using the booking the sites - to their "mutual" benefit, it's not like that's an industry secret or anything ......you dont know this ?

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    well what other basis would you like me to comment on other than my own ACTUAL experiences and from talking to numerous hotel managers who have also confirmed this with me, I dont quite get your point, if you dont agree fine, I couldn't care less, just my view, take it or leave it, up to you. That IS how and why many hotels avail of using the booking the sites - to their "mutual" benefit, it's not like that's an industry secret or anything ......you dont know this ?
    Local front desk staff will tell you anything provided it gets you out of their face as quickly as possible. The number of times I've heard service staff tell bare-faced lies (that can be proved to be lies by not too diligent research) is without number. Local hotel staff will repeat what someone else who thinks he knows what head office policy is. I recall going into a Star Alliance lounge once with a guest who was travelling on a different *A flight than me, as my guest. The pompous meeter-and-greeter told me in no uncertain terms that that was not allowed and he was denying entry ... until I produced the Star Alliance lounge rules guide that I keep with me for occasions such as this

Relying on the local paid help for objective information simply adds to the general pool of ignorance

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Well you seem to have it all cracked there, so aye, just whatever you think. I'll be sure to remind the manager of mosaik of all this the next time he's no rooms available on the sites ( by choice) and I wheel up and he promptly sells me one that he's held back from them as I've lost count the number of times that has happened now over the years, both there and in many other places, I must have been dreaming. Sometimes the local paid help might be smarter than you seem to give them credit for it seems.

Banned
    Liked

Well you seem to have it all cracked there, so aye, just whatever you think. I'll be sure to remind the manager of mosaik of all this the next time he's no rooms available on the sites ( by choice) and I wheel up and he promptly sells me one that he's held back from them as I've lost count the number of times that has happened now over the years, both there and in many other places, I must have been dreaming. Sometimes the local paid help might be smarter than you seem to give them credit for it seems.
    Oh well, Thailand - I was discussing the real world

Liked

My approach when planning to stay for a week or more is to book two nights with Agoda. If I like the place, I will compare the front desk offers with Agoda. The same if I choose to change hotels. Booking sites are often MUCH cheaper than the best direct price - but they will sometimes reconsider when you show them the Agoda quote.

6. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (January 9th, 2018)

Liked

Yeah I wanted a suite on f block in mosaic but it wasn't available on agoda (which I love and use for all trips). I put my request for f block in my standard room booking, and they contacted me trying to upsell me. Which was fine.

I'm also trying AirBnB these days... it's cool depending on what you're looking for

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Drew if you contact Mosaik directly you may well find that the rooms you want ARE in fact available as as I mentioned previously in this thread I know for a fact that mosaik don’t release all their rooms to the booking sites as they know ( and prefer) to keep their popular rooms to supply to their own regular / preferred guests etc at their own (different) prices to the sites.

The number I have if it helps and you need it is :0066 2038 20723667 - their email is Info@mosaikpattaya.net and speak with Nop the manager there.

The room could of course genuinely be booked up, but it’s always worth imtge call ( or email) I find. Hope that helps.

Liked

Holy shit, an actual helpful response on SGT. Am I being delusional, or is this real life?

I tip my hat to you NIrish. Well, I would if I owned a hat.

Banned
    Liked

As usual you have completely misinterpreted what I said. If a hotel advertises rates on its own site it cannot advertise rates less than those offered to the booking engine. If it offers "walk up" rates for those who contact it directly that is no different to the hotel that offers "frequent guest" rates - they are not advertised publicly, you have to log in securely to their members-only site. Do get a grip

Liked

Some hotels limit how many rooms can be booked from certain countries. My Pattaya hotel now operates a sort of 'separate but equal' system. Middle easterners, Chinese, western families and single occupants are placed on different floors. This is due to the differences in behaviour between the groups. It's actually a very sensible thing to do.