List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recommendations for tailors in Bangkok?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Recommendations for tailors in Bangkok?

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    I have however never visited a tailor here in Bangkok, although when in the Sukhumvit/ Nana area, I have sometimes been accosted on the pavement (sidewalk) and asked to step in and feel the quality of their merchandise.
    Did he let you peek under his turban?

Jellybean, as an esteemed moderator of this exalted forum, no less than the tailors who made the emperor's new clothes would be fit to dress you. Your colleague from Down Under has been going to them for years, judging from his moderating decisions.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Maxwell (February 28th, 2020)

Liked

This afternoon I visited Nana, no not one of my grandmothers, they're both long gone! LOL! I speak of an area of Bangkok.

I got off at BTS Nana, on the Sukhumvit line. Not knowing exactly where the tailor shop, Rajawongse, was located, all I knew was that it is close to the sky train station. I exited on the side I have got off on many occasions to go to either Bumrungrad International Hospital or to Heroes Massage Spa. But as it turned out, it was the wrong side of the road, so I ended up having to cross a perilously busy Sukhumvit Road.

Nana, Exit 2 is the correct exit and Rajawongse Clothiers can be found next to Landmark Plaza at 130 Sukhumvit Road.

The price of a made-to-measure suit has increased to B16,000 (or £393.26) but still seems exceptionally good value for money. If however I was still in employment, I'd probably think about getting two suits at that price. But the problem is, I rarely wear suits since I retired. The last time I needed a suit was about three years ago at the funeral of an aunt.

Now I'm not so sure it would be cost effective to buy a made-to-measure suit when I could buy an off-the-peg suit back in the UK for the equivalent of B5,600 and use the savings to offset the cost of a much needed new mobile phone.

I was told it takes only four to five days to make up a new suit. So I've still got a few weeks to consider the matter. Incidentally, the tailors are closed from April 5 to April 20 for Songkran.

And finally, just in case anyone is wondering why the interior of the shop has so many police and customs officers cap and uniform badges and insignia, they were, apparently, given to the owners by their grateful customers many of whom are involved in law enforcement agencies across the world.

N01.jpg

N02.jpg

N03.jpg

N04.jpg

N05.jpg

Liked

Is that a flasher on the stairs?

Liked

I use a tailor in Pattaya that I liked a lot. I have been going to them for 20+ years.
    It is Diane Tailor on S Pattay Beach road.
    Reasonable prices.

His FB page is :
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014736948060
    Choose to be optimistic, it feels better
    - Dalai Lama