FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Life's a bitch

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Life's a bitch

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    Sad story but well worth the read.

I had a similar experience with "Art" a young dancer in the former Throb club. He was gorgeous. He took off with a German and re-appeared months later in the former kitten club (Penthouse) as the manager!! God forbid. I actually had to venture into that wild cattery to re-establish contact. I eventually lost touch with Art, but understand that he now has one of these mobile food bikes and has been seen around Pattaya stir frying for the masses.
    Mmmm wasn’t that same “Art” the “manager” at Happy Place before he went to the Cat Bar. Didn’t he get sacked from Happy Place?
    At least stir frying he is only dealing with his own money....

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I thought he'd passed away actually - or was that "M" ? from Happy place, Neals Ex X perhaps ?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post
    it certainly took a good author of gay fantasy fiction to be able to pull together all the essential elements to produce such a tearjerker - I think I first read this piece in one of the local gay magazines five years ago, where did you first read it Sn*tf*ce?
    You are of course entitled to your opinion of the literary merit or lack of it of what I wrote. But you then proceed to make an accusation of plagiarism and for that evidence is required. Otherwise you are merely issuing an unfounded slur and people will judge for themselves the kind of person you are.

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

joe552 (January 7th, 2018), Oliver (January 7th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I wasn’t even assuming that you were suggesting that youd written that piece Snotface and to me nor did it matter either way, I just enjoyed reading it, sad though it was and unfortunately still a way too common occurance with guys we might meet on our travels around SE Asia these days :-(

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by snotface View Post
    You are of course entitled to your opinion of the literary merit or lack of it of what I wrote. But you then proceed to make an accusation of plagiarism and for that evidence is required. Otherwise you are merely issuing an unfounded slur and people will judge for themselves the kind of person you are.
    I note you are not claiming, hand on heart, that this is a true account in your own words of your actual experience with one actual Thai guy to be judged on a personal sadness scale rather rather than a piece of gay fiction to be judged on a literary merit scale

I am sure some AI boffins somewhere (if they haven't already) could get together and train a deep neural network on years and years of posting on forums and short stories in magazines that when then provided with a few keywords could produce very acceptable tearjerkers like this piece and it could be hard to draw the line between original writing skills and plagiarism in relation to these stories, and in the same way I am willing to concede I was waylaid by your ability to write to genre standards rather than resorting to plagiarism

but I am sure the AI software would start not its first person post with "This is a sad story. Read on only if you like sad stories." thus trying to cast its story as real rather than fiction!

bkkguy

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Does the original source really matter ?? From what I can see the poster didn't originally claim this work as his own work and it was just an intended as an interesting read and so a post that should be welcomed not questioned surely ?

8. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (January 7th, 2018)

Liked

The solution is obvious : We already have a self-appointed arbiter of truth on the board - no doubt his 'talent' could extend to becoming our self-appointed arbiter of originality too!

He has issued a statement agreeing to accept the job but insisting it will be only on a temporary basis "until the moon deserts the sky or all the seas run dry - till then I'm yours, be mine" he said whilst issuing copies of a certificate from The Psycho-Neurotic Institute for the Very Very Nervous which he alleges proves his "mental stability"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post
    I note you are not claiming, hand on heart, that this is a true account in your own words of your actual experience with one actual Thai guy...
    Just for the record, that's exactly what it is. But if it satisfies some deep need in you to regard it as fiction, please continue to do so. The views of someone like you are of no interest to me.

11. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (January 8th, 2018)

Liked

Don't worry Snotface, I can't even say the weather is cold, with some of these queens getting all worked up, and begin calling me a liar again.

Liked

Is it inconceivable that two people would have a similar experience with MB's and AIDS? I don't think so, and I believe poshglasgow to be a genuine poster.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.