Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Will he show up?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Liked

Re: Will he show up?

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Well anything that makes you LOL is to be welcomed because you've been in a vile temper of late. Quite quite foul. Yes.
    And still they keep coming

Liked

Good for you Joe regarding having a good time. Ignore this disgraceful www rag if you can, and keep Mr Happy happy with your ancient-not-ancient ghost from the past. Who ended up as Bottom-of-the -Day?

(Written on the road and on my tablet from Chiang Mai where it is today bloody freezing.)
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    (Written on the road and on my tablet from Chiang Mai where it is today bloody freezing.)[/I]
    You've no idea how much that one line pleased me and set up my day to run a little more happily as I leave my home here for the office with the road blanketed in thick pea soup fog and after ready a post on facebook from a friend who's on Phi Phi island just now sending back "tropical" holiday pics - so i'm glad to here that not ALL of Thailand is basking in tropical sunshine perhaps at least ! I do not of course that it won't take long until it is and then I'll just have to suck it up, but at least I can then wait knowing it's not too long until the "omg it's FAR to hot here ,I can't stick it" posts start from people too then - somehow makes the fog just about all the more bearable

Liked

OK. You're on. Unless it comes at me first I won't send any out. Only SG. The rest of you are still fair game.

Liked

OK. You're on. Unless it comes at me first I won't send any out. Only SG. The rest of you are still fair game.

6. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (January 12th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Happy days - Peace reigns eternal - lets hope we can keep it that way without needing a Mod to Mod the Mod or a different Mod to kick SG in the nuts either for goading the first Mod into needing a Mod ! ........peace perfect peace And the first one who breaks the deal has to buy us ALL a Drink !! There, being Scottish and English that should shut the PAIR of you up from being mean to each other for a while at least ! :-)

8. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (January 13th, 2018)

Liked

Fingers crossed!

Liked

Joe, it was very good to meet you and your friend at Ting Tong Red bar last night. Enjoy your holiday.

11. 4 Users gave Like to post:

francois (January 14th, 2018), joe552 (January 13th, 2018), Rolling Stone (January 13th, 2018), TaoR (January 13th, 2018)

Liked

This put me in mind of my recently deceased friend of 25 years and Thailand traveling partner - in memory of whom I'll have to ring the bell in Oscars next time I visit.

Anytime I invited him to meet at a bar in our home city he'd always show up 5 or 10 minutes late. I spent a few years wondering why until I realised it was because, by the time he'd finally arrived, I'd already bought the first round of drinks!!!

13. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (January 13th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

And you a Scot and it took you years to work out THAT old chestnut, hell thats straight out of the cheap bastards guide for scourging drinks, right up there with counting the rounds to ensure they don’t get caught for the mixers, pulsing ordering a PINT of coke when it’s your round telling you it comes out the same price as a pint of beer so why wouldn’t they - but yet just ordering a glass when it’s their round as “they couldn’t possibly drink any more coke” - until it’s your round again and then it’s back to the pints again. And not to mention the time honoured “that’s me, I have to head on after this one” after YOUVE just bought your last round.

And you a Scot - Shame on you, your forefathers will be turning in their graves at your not picking up on that and suitably countering him with subtely timed “oh I must just pop to the loo” when the next round was due ! :-)