FAQ & Help
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Will he show up?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Will he show up?

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    Do you believe this story? I don't.
    Thank fuck for THAT as I thought I was going to have to send the red cross to go and repatriate you as you'd lost your mind there for a minute - and if you send that months rent you DO need your head seen too ! So, good for him, he's got a job, his friend can sub him if he needs it, Thai's do that all the time, so he'll have his salary soon so no need whatsoever to dip into your limited funds !

Liked

He wanted to find a room, and then a job. I said, no you must have job to pay for room.
    I finished by saying I will send him a month's rent from home when he has a job.
    Wherever I looked for rooms in Bangkok, they required a deposit of 1 or 2 monthly rents. So a room that costs 4000 THB per month requires an outlay of 4000 or 8000 THB, money many don't have. But clever landlords rent the same room out at 200 THB per day, and those who don't have enough money for deposit somehow manage to cough up 200 THB per day, thus paying 6000 THB for same room!

And you tell us that the trip to Khon Kaen would be too expensive!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Joe, I suspect the anticipation and excitement surrounding this reunion were one sided. You became enamoured of him at one point but since then he has moved on in many ways and his decision to meet you in Pattaya was nothing more than a stab at getting some baht from someone who has never been the focal point of his life. Hope that doesn't sound harsh but if you have not been his sole supporter since you last met, it could hardly have been otherwise .

4. 4 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (January 14th, 2018), christianpfc (January 14th, 2018), scottish-guy (January 13th, 2018), Smiles (January 15th, 2018)

Liked

You live and learn and then live to fight another day

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (January 14th, 2018), bobsaigon2 (January 13th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Welcome back to "amazing" Thailand......

Liked

In the interests of balance, if any farang contacts a former Thai flame with such zeal as was the case here then the former flame is going to have financial expectations. To think otherwise is defying reality. Risking the wrath I may be but if you've enjoyed this boys company for 4 or 5 days then he's owed something in return. You all know this is true. Sympathy for Joe notwithstanding. We'd all have plenty to say if it was Latin doing this.

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (January 14th, 2018), frequent (January 14th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Sorry i assume(d) that THAT was taken as read ( even by Joe ) as he has alluded to that being agreed recently, I think this "help me with the rent" is a secondary assault on the wallet more just perhaps - or am I wrong Joe ? ( when you come back)

Banned
    Liked

Ok an unexpected update. Do you believe this story? I don't. We were out last night in Double Shot and had quite a heated discussion. He wanted to find a room, and then a job. I said, no you must have job to pay for room. I finished by saying I will send him a month's rent from home when he has a job. Magically, his friend called this morning to offer him a job in a furniture store in Sri Racha. So off he went, with a couple hundred baht for the bus.

These guys are inventive, you have to give them that.
    Hence the phrase "rent boy"

12. User who gave Like to post:

neddy3 (January 14th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

^!Now THATS funny ! :-)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    Yes of course! That is common practice here, one boy even wrote to me:
    "When you are there (the designated meeting point) you call me (and then I will go to see you)."

I'm not sure if it's poor experience with their compatriots who do not show up for appointment, or the inability to imagine that two people can travel at the same time to the same destination and arrive there at roughly the same time.
    When a Thai agrees to meet you at 8pm he means he will leave his home at 8pm no matter how long the journey thereafter.

15. 4 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (January 14th, 2018), frequent (January 14th, 2018), Smiles (January 15th, 2018), Tintin (January 14th, 2018)