Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Smartphones

Liked

Re: Smartphones

You might have missed the part of my story, posted on other threads, where I say that I have a low sex drive, and have no interest in random sex with strangers. It's just the way I am.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    You might have missed the part of my story, posted on other threads, where I say that I have a low sex drive, and have no interest in random sex with strangers. It's just the way I am.
    All the more for us, Joe. Yum, yum

3. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (January 6th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    Recently (31dec2017) I had a failure of my phone, and I had to calculate half an hour (or rather memorize the map of Prachuap Khiri Khan town and the places I wanted to go) before coming to the conclusion that I can do the trip without phone (but write down a friend in Hua Hin's phone number so I could call him from a phone booth or by asking a stranger if I can use his phone when I go to see him).
    But I got my phone working again by the time I reached Prachuap Khiri Khan. The first hotel I had in mind had only VIP rooms left at 1000 THB per night, which is a bit more than I wanted to spend. So I went on google maps where I had saved another place, and directly from google maps I called that place, was told they had no vacancies at all for that night, so I coughed up 1000 THB for the VIP room. If you know how to use a smartphone, it's awesome. But from looking at other peoples' screens wherever I have a chance to, most don't know.

5. User who gave Like to post:

Nirish guy (January 8th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Totally agree there Christian, I use my phone a lot for many non "phone" functions and have a multitude of Apps on there and even just in terms of holidays can basically plan, book, pay for, get booking confirmations and emails and ALL necessary "paperwork" for an entire holiday right from my phone. Likewise I can as you mentioned then use my phone to find the location, check what bars and restaurants are in the area, call them from the one touch call facility there to check for a table and auto call a cab to get my there. Then if out shopping use my phone to pay for goods without having to touch my credit card or take my wallet out ( up to a limit). Then check in with friends, update where I am with them, arrange to meet, share my exact location, have a group chat re what our plans are and also send a few instant pics to friends who couldn't join us - all whilst listening to music or watching my saviour episode of a favourite TV show or two as I taxi there. not of course to mention arranging a quick hook up on a wide variety of apps for when I'm finished there and then set an alarm to get me up in the morning again - and if at home al view my Echo app through my phone to start my day off with my favourite morning music and mood lighting in my room etc - that and a LOAD of other things I can't think think of now.......so, for people to describe people who use smart phones are dumb etc is well.....just plain dumb I guess.

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (January 8th, 2018), francois (January 16th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Totally agree there Christian, I use my phone a lot for many non "phone" functions and have a multitude of Apps on there and even just in terms of holidays can basically plan, book, pay for, get booking confirmations and emails and ALL necessary "paperwork" for an entire holiday right from my phone. Likewise I can as you mentioned then use my phone to find the location, check what bars and restaurants are in the area, call them from the one touch call facility there to check for a table and auto call a cab to get my there. Then if out shopping use my phone to pay for goods without having to touch my credit card or take my wallet out ( up to a limit). Then check in with friends, update where I am with them, arrange to meet, share my exact location, have a group chat re what our plans are and also send a few instant pics to friends who couldn't join us - all whilst listening to music or watching my saviour episode of a favourite TV show or two as I taxi there. not of course to mention arranging a quick hook up on a wide variety of apps for when I'm finished there and then set an alarm to get me up in the morning again - and if at home al view my Echo app through my phone to start my day off with my favourite morning music and mood lighting in my room etc - that and a LOAD of other things I can't think think of now.......so, for people to describe people who use smart phones are dumb etc is well.....just plain dumb I guess.
    + use as remote for aircon, TV, receiver for movie to show it on TV screen, control panel for home security system, monitor for remote watching home CCTV cameras, order taxi or food/goods and pay for it
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Thank u
    ANd I always think so

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    I have no interest in random sex with strangers.
    Me too, that's why I'm always sure to ask them their names first......hmmm actually no, wait, maybe in hind sight just scrub that last part perhaps even No, I am joking. To be fair it's not so much not asking them their names these days as more just bloody my crappy memory kicking in and me never remembering their names - which I have to say my BF of 4+ years is starting to get REALLY sick of now when he has to keep reminding me of his name again !

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (January 16th, 2018), joe552 (January 24th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    .......so, for people to describe people who use smart phones are dumb etc is well.....just plain dumb I guess.
    The "dummies" are those that aimlessly walk down streets with the phone glued to their ear or their eyes in some sort of trance. And those who dine together and each one spends all their time on their phone, ignoring their companions. And, worst of all, those in the gym who can't stop playing with their phones as they sit on the exercise machines in some sort of stupor.

Liked

Smartphones & tablets have numerous uses.

1 Navigation -use offline or cached google maps to find places. The era of searching for street maps is long gone. Even in places like Cambodia, it's possible to hire a bicycle & cycle off into the country, using the map on the phone to navigate.

2 Gay dating

3 e-mail, what's app etc

4 Weather forecast

5 Note taking & checklists using, for example, the unfortunately named Color Note.

6 Camera.

7 Calculator.

8 MP3 player (music, podcasts etc)

And many many more.

14. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (January 21st, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Not expensive if you buy a new older model- say an iPhone 5 and cheap bring your own phone plan with data
    New models free with a phone plan are outrageously expensive every month for the life of the contract.