List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations on how to hook up as a young visitor?

Liked: 1

Recommendations on how to hook up as a young visitor?

Hello,

I'm looking for some recommendations on places to go as a guy in his early twenties. Going to visit Bangkok for the first time very soon, and of course I'm interested in finding some cute Thais to play with

I know there are plenty of bars where one can pick up money boys. However I'm not really looking for that... (Don't want to toot my own horn, but I feel like as a young guy who regularly gets offered money by older guys, I shouldn't have to pay no offense to anyone who seeks that!)

So basically I'm looking for places where one can go and easily hook up with some locals! No money boy/gogo bars, but maybe rather regular bars, where young Thais hang out, that aren't just in for the money? Or maybe there are some cruising spots for guys my age?

Again, I don't mean to judge anyone who pays!

Thanks in advance

2. User who gave Like to post:

ktq (June 7th, 2020)

Liked

Re: Recommendations on how to hook up as a young visitor?

Grindr and Hornet.

Liked: 1

Yep, will definitely be using those! But was also looking for some places to go to, rather than just apps. Thanks though!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

You'll find a lot of the bars youre thinking of where guys meet up and might pay are also the same bars where you might pick up and not and you might find the line between guys who charge and guys who don't isn't just as black and white as you might hope or think, depending on who they're with - although that's not guaranteed of course ( but is likely) - so maybe head to Soi 2 and Soi 4 etc in Silom and take it from there as a starting point perhaps.

Liked

The majority of young lads on the phone apps in Bangkok are not money boys, so you should do well there.

It's quite different to Pattaya.

Also, I believe there are disco's popular with gays -google.

Babylon Sauna.

Finally keep your eyes open for cute young gentlemen mincing around the shopping centres in Silom. This is a slightly longer shot, but if you do spot a likely candidate, don't be shy.

Liked

Gay bars in Thailand are largely a western concept; Gay Thai guys go out with friends any place, not particularly gay. Indeed, outside the tourist scene bars are not the norm, most places where Thais congregate are restaurants where one can also drink. You are more likely to find Thais drinking beer at a table outside the local Mom and Pop shop than sitting at a conventional bar.

Thais also like big nightclub type places, often with live music/show, where people stand in groups around tables (dance floors are also a western concept). Some of the big clubs are specifically gay, or attract a large gay clientele - in most big clubs you will find at least a gay corner. However, these are places to go in groups of friends, not alone.

My advice would be to hook up with some guys online, make friends and get them to take you to places and introduce you to other friends. Alternatively, you might try visiting one of the more Thai orientated saunas in the suburbs and meet people there, again with the hope of getting to know a group of friends.

If looking online try to find people outside the main downtown area, e.g. in Saphan Kwai, Chatuchak, Radchada or Ramkhamhaeng districts. You are more likely to find genuine guys there. Blued is becoming increasingly popular as an App here too. All of the big shopping malls can be quite cruisey. An afternoon sitting in coffee shops at Central Lat Phrao, or even Big C at Saphan Khwai could well produce results

You might try Soi 2 or Soi 4, but its basically a western experience, and you are more likely to meet money boys, or worse still gold diggers (money boys who pretend to be anything but). Dj station is full of them.
    Chiang Mai Connoisseur - [url=http://www.gayinchiangmai.com/News/]www.gayinchiangmai.com[/url] and [url=http://www.bontong.com/]www.bontong.com[/url]

8. 6 Users gave Like to post:

joe552 (December 30th, 2017), llz (January 3rd, 2018), Smiles (December 30th, 2017), snotface (December 30th, 2017), splinter1949 (December 30th, 2017), Tintin (December 30th, 2017)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by BonTong View Post
    Gay bars in Thailand are largely a western concept; Gay Thai guys go out with friends any place, not particularly gay.
    Above all, don't get taken in by the "Thailand is a gay paradise" bullshit - http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news...n/aec/30252466 - you just won't get confronted over it because Thais don't confront

10. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (December 30th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

If you're hot, fit, alone and don't look stand-offish (and not a grinning idiot either), then they'll come to you. The gym, the pool, the bookstore, service staff, even the doctor attending to your swollen ankle. Same same everywhere.

Were you looking for pick-up bars? Do those still exist? I've only read about them or seen them in movies.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Grindr...be explicit in what u want/looking for. Easy.

Liked

I would recommend that you befriend a Thai who will hang around with you as a companion, translator etc especially in the young Thai hangout places in Bangkok.
    You might have to buy the drinks, pay the taxi/bts etc but it will be well worth it.
    It will allow you to choose who you wish to approach as touts and freeloaders tend to leave you alone when you have company.
    Soi 4 has a lot of Thai freeloaders I find, but the minute you speak some Thai they're gone:
    They only want fresh-off-the-plane soft marks.