Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is their problem?

Liked

What is their problem?

A little rant. Why can't they give a direct answer? My oldest friend from Sri Racha - I ask are you definitely coming to Pattaya for my birthday? Will you come with me to Khon Kaen?

My newer friend, from Laos but living in Pattaya a few years - when do you want to go out for dinner? (I know he doesn't like going to Sunee). What would you like to drink when you come to my room?

All these are simple questions, in my head. Is it any wonder I sometimes just want to go and have a few glasses of wine on my own?

Rant over.

When I go for a few drinks "on my own" I will usually have a waiter sit with me, and buy his drinks. But it's uncomplicated.

Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: What is their problem?

Maybe, just maybe, some Asians are reluctant to state what they want as they feel it's not their place to do so, or they think it might be seen as too demanding when in conversation with an older person. They want to give the answer that they think will satisfy you, but they're not sure what that might be.

Or, they think the matter in question is not significant so they either don't answer to leave it "up to you".

Just guessing. We've no way of getting into the minds of either of those two guys.

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (December 28th, 2017), christianpfc (January 4th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    All these are simple questions, in my head. Is it any wonder I sometimes just want to go and have a few glasses of wine on my own?
    You think too much! Learn to go with the flow...

5. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Dax (December 28th, 2017), francois (December 28th, 2017), Moses (December 28th, 2017), Rolling Stone (December 29th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
    He does flow...with the alcohol.

7. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (December 28th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, some Asians are reluctant to state what they want as they feel it's not their place to do so, or they think it might be seen as too demanding when in conversation with an older person. They want to give the answer that they think will satisfy you, but they're not sure what that might be.
    ...or maybe, they're just not interested and you lack the social skills to see it. Maybe you do see it and refuse to accept it because you think they're Thai and all Thais are in love with farang. If you ask someone out for coffee, and the person makes excuses not to go every time you asked, you'd get the drift after two or three times, wouldn't you? They don't really have to spell it out, do they? Same same in all cultures. Remember, these guys are not for hire and are not obliged to meet you.

9. User who gave Like to post:

Smiles (December 29th, 2017)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
    I was reading the other day that our Western snowflakes now respond positively to an RSVP on Facebook for fear of offending the organiser, or as a way of endorsing the activity, while they have no intention of going to the event. It's the same in Asia - fear of making someone else lose face. It's another reason why Facebook (and this Forum) doesn't have a "Dislike" button, just a "Like" one. Sadly the world is becoming way too bland

Liked

Exactly. Just learn to go with the flow, and take things as they come.

Don't try to pre-plan every last detail, because then you'll just look like an anal Westerner.

Go with the flow. It's honestly good for your soul...

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Rolling Stone (December 29th, 2017), Tintin (December 28th, 2017)

Liked

sglad I found your posts unnecessarily insulting. I don't know if both were directed at me, or you included bobsaigon. Either way, I think you went too far.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

And I'm fed-up with the word "snowflake" as used by Trump supporters and other racist bigots, to describe those who-unlike Trump supporters and racist bigots- attempt to live their lives with a modicum of respect for others.
    As far as Joe's problem is concerned, Bob's advice is spot-on.

15. 2 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (December 28th, 2017), joe552 (December 28th, 2017)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    And I'm fed-up with the word "snowflake" as used by Trump supporters and other racist bigots, to describe those who-unlike Trump supporters and racist bigots- attempt to live their lives with a modicum of respect for others.
    It's used more generally to describe "millennials" so it's probably not a good idea to parade your ignorance thus
    Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    sglad I found your posts unnecessarily insulting. I don't know if both were directed at me, or you included bobsaigon. Either way, I think you went too far.
    I didn't realise it was possible to go "too far" when insulting bobsaigon