FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is their problem?

Banned
    Liked

Re: What is their problem?

Quote Originally Posted by kittyboy View Post
    I can recommend a tutor to help you.
    I doubt a tutor could correct what is an obvious error on your part - "their sense if impotence" I take to be "their sense of importance". Although ... since they're young perhaps it is impotence

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    I doubt a tutor could correct what is an obvious error on your part - "their sense if impotence" I take to be "their sense of importance". Although ... since they're young perhaps it is impotence
    I suspect a tutor would greatly help you understand my comment. It has no error.

Banned
    Liked

I suspect a tutor would greatly help you understand my comment. It has no error.
    If it needs a tutor you shouldn't be posting in a public forum. "of impotence" might make sense; "if impotence" makes no sense at all

Liked

If it needs a tutor you shouldn't be posting in a public forum. "of impotence" might make sense; "if impotence" makes no sense at all
    I did not realize you were the arbiter of what should or should not be listed on a public forum. Your comment does show a high level of self importance.
    I can send you the phone number to the tutoring lab at my local university. They can help you with your comprehension difficulty.

Banned
    Liked

I did not realize you were the arbiter of what should or should not be listed on a public forum. Your comment does show a high level of self importance.
    I can send you the phone number to the tutoring lab at my local university. They can help you with your comprehension difficulty.
    Wouldn't it easier to add the following as a footnote to all your posts - "I am dyslexic so you are advised to read my posts AYOR"?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post

Or, they think the matter in question is not significant so they either don't answer to leave it "up to you".
    Precisely, sometimes I do not answer these insignificant questions. A lot of times when I go out with (normal) friends or colleagues, I leave to them to order what to eat (as long as some drinks are ordered as well). I always say I eat everything. Why not leave the decisions to the moment so to speak.

Liked

Just an update, I've unfriended the Laos guy. He's become increasingly aggressive in his messages recently. I don't know why he can't answer a simple question - when do you want to meet for dinner? So now there's only the original love of my life to disappoint me..

Matt, when I get to Pattaya I will look at bus times, and length of travel. I might consider an overnight bus. I'll let you know.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Wouldn't it easier to add the following as a footnote to all your posts - "I am dyslexic so you are advised to read my posts AYOR"?
    I can still send you the phone number to the tutoring office at my university. People with comprehension problems can benefit from one on one help.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    A little rant. Why can't they give a direct answer? My oldest friend from Sri Racha - I ask are you definitely coming to Pattaya for my birthday? Will you come with me to Khon Kaen?

My newer friend, from Laos but living in Pattaya a few years - when do you want to go out for dinner? (I know he doesn't like going to Sunee). What would you like to drink when you come to my room?

All these are simple questions, in my head. Is it any wonder I sometimes just want to go and have a few glasses of wine on my own?

Rant over.

When I go for a few drinks "on my own" I will usually have a waiter sit with me, and buy his drinks. But it's uncomplicated.
    Most Thais can only thinks as far as where their next meal comes from.

Asking about events one week ahead is the equivalent of planning your 2021 birthday party now and sending out invitations and asking for confirmation of attendance.

"Are you definitely coming..." the word "definitely" does not exist in Thai language, but there are dozens of variations of "maybe" (I made this up).

As I said before:
    arranging to meet someone I already know again can be as difficult as meeting someone new.
    One of the reasons for my promiscuity.

10. 5 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 4th, 2018), frequent (January 4th, 2018), joe552 (January 4th, 2018), snotface (January 4th, 2018), Tintin (January 4th, 2018)