Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your daily spend

Liked

Re: Your daily spend

Jeez a447 - how the other half lives.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Hate to tell you Joe but thats NOT that difficult to do these days in Thailand I find, I think you should brace yourself for a few price increases perhaps - mind you I guess won't have the shitty Sterling exchange rate to deal with I guess at least

But even so and even before that all went to shit as others have said I used to find £100 a day ANYWHERE was the minimum base for a very normal even quiet day / night out, but noted this last few years that figured had slipped up by 50 and even 100% more at times ( so averaging somewhere between 5000 and 10000 baht)! You count it up, some lunch, a few drinks in the afternoon, some small shopping, a massage, some dinner with drinks out, maybe a whisky bottle or two of going out and maybe a tip or two for services rendered - doesn't take long adding up.

Although glad to say on my last trip I went out of my way NOT to go nuts and buy every guy I met in passing drinks and off him and half his mates "just for the crack" and was pleased to find I came home with a nice amount of change for once - and still managed to have my fair share of fun along the way.

God I'm getting old it seems ! :-( Oh well, I'mm just think of the money I saved I guess ! PS, I dont regret spending a single penny of any of it !

EDIT - but for comparison however - I'm literally just back from Gran Canaria for 6 nights there so just went and checked my wallet and myself and my BF spent it seems roughly £225 between us (in total) per day - and we bought NOTHING but food, drink, the odd cheap massage and a one day car rental ! So life it seems is just getting expensive no matter WHERE you go these days !
    Last edited by Nirish guy; December 29th, 2017 at 00:31.

Liked

I spend 2-3 k baht a day while in Thailand. I gave up drinking. So my entertainment is usually swimming, the odd trip to the gym, the beach, moto riding and seeing the sights. And accompanying friends out at night. I have regular boys I see and off one of them 2-3 tines in a week 1 k baht. Movies with a thai guy and dinner..etc.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    Jeez a447 - how the other half lives.
    Indeed, and surely it would only be appropriate in these circumstances for a 447 to cover the costs of your trip to meet Matt, as it means that he can finally find out if he exists or not, which seems so important to him.

5. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (December 29th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Or as Matt is a bitcoin millionaire now maybe he could go halfers !

Liked

As I've said before, any contribution towards my trip to KK on behalf of the members will be greatly appreciated.

NIrish, I don't do massages, though I did say earlier in the planning stage, I'd give it a try this time. We'll see how the funds go. I don't buy bottles of whiskey either. Been down that road before. I don't do late night clubs. I know I'm sounding like a boring old fart, but when I first started going to Thailand, I felt I had to do it all. I don't feel that anymore. A good night for me is a few glasses of wine with a cute boy to talk to. Maybe off him, maybe not. I don't need to go crazy these days.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Robby (December 29th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I don't do massages"
    Maybe you should start ! That would be one way of part funding your trip ! Oh wait, you meant dont GET not GIVE them, ahhhh ok - well, my point still stands - hell you've often said you'd suck off anybody so I guess you might as well make some money out of it at the same time ! Joe's toothless "special" massage service - 500 baht - or just 200 if special ending required !

I don't buy bottles of whiskey ....... I don't do late night clubs....... I know I'm sounding like a boring old fart..
    YOU said that, we couldn't possibly comment !

I don't need to go crazy these days.
    And WHO exactly told you THAT load of nonsense ! You're a long time dead, let her rip until there's no rip left in ya and just make sure that's at least an hour after they've nailed the coffin shut ! No surrender and keep 'er crazy until the day you die I say ! - Mind you thats probably just the protestant coming out in me - on both counts ! :-)

10. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (December 29th, 2017)

Liked

NIrish, I spend my holidays exactly as I want to. I eat when I'm hungry, drink whenever, and have company when I feel like it. Doesn't sound too bad to me.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

NIrish, I spend my holidays exactly as I want to. I eat when I'm hungry, drink whenever, and have company when I feel like it. Doesn't sound too bad to me.

Ahhh but no income from massages, see if you'd of listened to me you could have at least 400 baht built up now or so over the years !

Liked

Well one of my "friends" is now a massage teacher - so maybe it could be the start of a new career? "Mister, you want I suck your cock? You like my teeth in or out?"