Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your daily spend

Liked

Your daily spend

This is one for the sex tourists among us, not residents. What is your daily spend when on holiday in Thailand, excluding accommodation costs? I think I remember a447 saying he could spend 3,000Bt on a night out (if I got it wrong, a447, sorry). I'm talking about food, drinks and company. Mine can vary depending if I off a boy or not, which I don't do every night.

Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Your daily spend

IMO standard spending on any holiday, no matter where you go, is 100GBP per day. So Joe you will spend, ON AVERAGE, 4355 baht per day. I have over the 6 weeks I have been here.

Liked

Thanks gerefan. I might spend that much some days, but not every day. To be honest, some nights I just want to sit on my own and drink. Sad, I know.

If I don't off a boy, my average spend is between 2000 and 3000 a day. That doesn't include "special" presents like trainers or jeans.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Around 2 to 4 thou a day. ...I usually budget around 800 for a MB...so if i do 3 its closer to the 4 mark. I rarely shop in Thailand..I have all the t-shirts/shorts I need to last me 3 lifetimes...

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    I rarely shop in Thailand..I have all the t-shirts/shorts I need to last me 3 lifetimes...
    Everything's mass produced in China anyway, wherever you buy it. I can buy polo neck shirts in my size for 500 baht whenever I go to Australia so I, too, rarely shop in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    Thanks gerefan. I might spend that much some days, but not every day. To be honest, some nights I just want to sit on my own and drink. Sad, I know.

If I don't off a boy, my average spend is between 2000 and 3000 a day. That doesn't include "special" presents like trainers or jeans.
    Add a few offs and you are almost up to my 4355 per day!

Also don’t forget,if you haven’t been here for a few years,you don’t get so many baht ....plus prices for beer and boys have increased....

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    ....plus prices for beer and boys have increased....
    These are the prices I've had quoted on the Apps in the past week - "taxi" (turned out to be 500), 1000, 1300, 1500 (multiple boys), 1800 (multiple boys), 2500. The latter two price points I told to keep looking. I went through a long period from 2006 - 2009 where I saw the same two boys at 1500 each. Hardly evidence that the price of boys has increased - and those were the opening offer, not the final price

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...glad u mentioned that they were opening offers...

Liked

When I mentioned buying trainers or jeans, I meant as gifts for my special friend of the day (or night). Of course, this time I'll have the added expense of a trip to KK to meet Matt (which I really feel should be shared by members). I don't off a boy every night.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    I think I remember a447 saying he could spend 3,000Bt on a night out. I'm talking about food, drinks and company.
    3000?

I wish!

I'm not sure how much I spend but I would guess around 6,000~8,000 on a good night when I'm on a roll. And worth every single baht!