Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Board History ... Wondering about a wandering Sawatdee owner

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Board History ... Wondering about a wandering Sawatdee owner

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post

• Surfcrest (2012-2015? Sold it to Moses, don't know why.)

Where are they now:

• Surfcrest still posts here once in awhile ~ usually to get the unknown, known ~ but seems to be happily ensconced in Vancouver or Machu Pichu. Changed the board to the vBulletin platform.

And then there's Elephantspike. What happened to him? The Wandering Ex Owner. He and I had numerous phone calls (I in BC and him in Massachusetts) during the process of him getting to know the innards of the early EZBoard Sawatdee. He eventually changed the board over to the phpBB platform.
    I recall being somewhat disappointed that he chose the road of monetizing the board, mainly with ads. How naively innocent I was back then, I'd never given that route a second thought. I loved the simplicity of the stark, posts-only-boys look of the place (Gaybutton has the only message board ~ probably in the world! ~ which has a no-ads philosophy).
    But Elephantspike (Robert), besides a few posts right after he sold it, never returned and disappeared into the ether. Apparently there was gossip that he had some financial problems but I'm certainly not sure about that. It remains nothing but gossip.
    Does anyone here know what happened to Elephantspike?
    Just a few corrections.....LOL

I gave the site to my friend Moses, perhaps for the same reason you gave it to elephantspike. I'm good with change, but not so good with complacency. I'd rather be one of the kids than the babysitter.

I just retired and yes, Vancouver is my main focus now. I've got two amazing bf's here that I share my time with, making life the most perfect of perfect.

I have only good things to say about elephantspike, he helped out greatly in the early days. Unfortunately there is no money to be made with a site like this and money was his main motivator for being here, so the relationship was short lived. I think he still follows us on Twitter and he should be quite easy to find.

Surfcrest

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (December 29th, 2017), Moses (December 29th, 2017), Smiles (December 30th, 2017)