Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: When your partner leaves...

Liked

Re: When your partner leaves...

Smiles, I enjoy getting out of the "Pattaya bubble" for a couple of days. If I don't get to meet Matt, kkjason has invited me for a beer, which is great. I've also had an invite to meet in Bangkok with another poster. So it's all good.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Of course Leo is not going to worry about the money, that's not part of his burden. It's everything else that he will have to deal with, including convincing mom and 2 nephews, who have never eaten anything but Lao food, that Chicken cordon bleu, kick-ass or not, is an acceptable replacement for khao Lao. No need to worry about them becoming obese if all the food is cooked by a farang.

"The kids will clean the floor, do the dishes, laundry, take care of Leo's mom, etc." And who teaches them what to do and checks to see that everything is done right? The blind farang? No, back to Leo again. It's still all on his shoulders.

Bonne chance.

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

joe552 (December 27th, 2017), Tintin (December 28th, 2017)

Liked

I can make good curries and stir-frys too, bob. If they don't like what I cook, there's always markets with sticky rice and bamboo soup nearby.

And yeah, it'll be Leo's job to hold down the house. He's 23, he's a big boy. Besides, it was his decision to take the kids, as he wants to be a father far more than me. It's just the more I thought about it, the more I want it too. And he'd make an amazing father, that I already know. Everyone has a gift in life, and his is taking care of others. Why do you think I'm still alive? No question in my mind, he'll be great with the kids, and will love every minute of it. He'll be in the wife role, while I'll be in the husband role. Already discussed at length.

Then don't know about the mother. Life sucks, shit happens, and someone needs to step up and take care of her, because she won't be able to take care of herself any longer. I've done my job, I've offered, and am more than happy to make good on that offer. Whether or not someone else in the family steps up remains to be seen, as Leo seems uncertain at the moment.

If nobody wants her, then we'll take her. Same as if the mother doesn't want those kids, then we'll take them.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

All noble and fine in theory. Hope it works out to your satisfaction.

6. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (December 27th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    If you haven't noticed, I'm the only one posting actual substance.

There was that Ox guy who let us know about his BF in the Phillipines (sp), and that was it. Aside from that, just one line responses of tripe.
    Haha, am I "that Ox guy"?? I like that as a nickname! Just to keep things on topic again, my boyfriend works as a nursing clinical supervisor in aged / dementia care. Having known a couple of my own workmates who've cared for parents with dementia...it's definitely not an easy task!!
    Last edited by Aux1010; December 28th, 2017 at 01:38.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

joe552 (December 28th, 2017), Tintin (December 28th, 2017)

Liked

Ohhh, haha, sorry. I checked, it's "Aux". Sorry, in screen reader it sounds like "Ox".

Leo doesn't seem to realize what's going to happen to his mom. Tried explaining it to him in terms he'll understand. Hey honey, you know those times I tried to go to the market by myself, got myself totally lost, was fucked, and had to wait for someone to help me get home? Yeah, your mom is going to be like that, but 24x7.

Liked

Matt, my experience of my mother's dementia was not 24x7. For much of the time, she knew who we were, what was going on, and could hold a normal conversation. Much of that was due to the familiarity of her surroundings. Walking the same way to Mass every day. It was only in the last couple of years of her life that she really struggled with her memory. When she was in the nursing home, she sometimes was aware that she knew us, but didn't know exactly who we were. For instance, she would often ask about my children and to be honest, I would use that as an excuse to leave - I have to get home to make the kids' dinner.

Trying to take on an older woman with dementia and 2 kids at the same time, sound like a recipe for disaster. I think you have the best of intentions, but you need to be realistic. It's peoples' lives we're talking about. I don't have a disability, and would struggle to to take care of either the mother or the kids, but I certainly couldn't do both.

Btw, how do you feel about inviting kkjason to join us for dinner on 15th?

11. User who gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (December 28th, 2017)

Liked

Amazing, people are posting responses as if this whole situation was real and not some sort of fantasy. Got to give credit to Matt for his writing skills. Can't wait for Joe to clear it all up for us. 55555

Liked

francois, I choose to believe that Matt is who he claims to be, until I meet him or not in Khon Kaen. Until then, I'll take what he writes at face value.

Liked

@Joe -- Exactly, that's why I want to take her now, and am pushing for it. Get her familiar with her new home and family now, before the alzheimers truly sets in. Leo doesn't seem too interested in it though, which is of no real surprise. He got bounced around from house to house as a kid, then at 13 got sent to the temple to live as a novice for 7 years, because nobody was willing / able to take care of him. He loves his parents and everything, but there seems to be an extent on it.

I don't know. I did my job, and ensured the door is open. Up to the family, not me.