Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jupiter Bar in Bangkok

Liked

Jupiter Bar in Bangkok

I know that that the Jupiter bar in Bangkok has moved to a new location, and the new business has been reviewed here and elsewhere.

I have heard that a NEW go-go bar is operating at the OLD location off Suriwong Street. It has a name something like Bar 66...

Has anyone visited it? Please provide some information and a review.

Banned
    Liked

Re: Jupiter Bar in Bangkok

The latest ploy by hookers in the Surawong area is, so a friend tells me, to contact former ATMs who were foolish enough to hand out their phone number, advising of an imminent crackdown by the government resulting in the permanent closure of all - yes, all - the boy bars in Soi Prostitute (aka. Soi Twilight) and asking for immediate and on-going financial support. As Jupiter is now in Soi 4 (and no, I haven't bothered to visit) undoubtedly its workers will avoid this dreadful fate

Liked

There is plenty of information on old and new Jupiter on gaythailand discussing new Jupiter 2018 in Silom Soi 4 and the new venue Boy 66 where Jupiter 2002 used to be.

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/to...-2018-is-open/
    and elsewhere on gaythailand (but only little here)

Jupiter 2018 now charges 300 THB entry (first drink), but even for free I wouldn't go, it's not my style. Not so much gogo bar, more show bar, and boys in jeans on stage most of the time, not thanks!

4. User who gave Like to post:

Rolling Stone (December 19th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post

Jupiter 2018 now charges 300 THB entry (first drink), but even for free I wouldn't go, it's not my style. Not so much gogo bar, more show bar, and boys in jeans on stage most of the time, not thanks!
    Christian, we are in the same camp. I'd better offer my support of your view here as the other board seems to have many fans of the joint.
    Was there last weekend (just wandering and entered the premise almost by accident) at around midnight. All wore some random street clothes, a couple bare chested. Not even one dancer could remotely induce my lust. The beer was icy cold. Did not finish the beer and left and should be long long before I return.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    There is plenty of information on old and new Jupiter on gaythailand discussing new Jupiter 2018 in Silom Soi 4 and the new venue Boy 66 where Jupiter 2002 used to be. Jupiter 2018 now charges 300 THB entry (first drink), but even for free I wouldn't go, it's not my style. Not so much gogo bar, more show bar, and boys in jeans on stage most of the time, not thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Stone View Post
    Christian, we are in the same camp. I'd better offer my support of your view here as the other board seems to have many fans of the joint. Was there last weekend (just wandering and entered the premise almost by accident) at around midnight. All wore some random street clothes, a couple bare chested. Not even one dancer could remotely induce my lust. The beer was icy cold. Did not finish the beer and left and should be long long before I return.
    Haven't visited the new version (Boy66) of Jupiter at it's previous location so can't comment on that. But For me the 'new' Jupiter 2018 is not even a show bar as Christian describes it, it's more just a Fashion Parade with catwalk and available boys. I don't really get it as a Gogo bar concept. I don't off boys from gogo bars nowadays anyway but if I did this place would be useless for me as the boys were on stage only briefly for their 'turn' and either semi or fully clothed with little/no interaction with punters.

The very first time I went just after it opened, it was ok for me as I like the live music which was on later and the subsequent drinks after the initial Bt280-300 first drink entrance fee were 'normal' menu prices, so I don't mind visiting just for a look round or out of interest as it's on Soi 4. The guys on display while not my style, were certainly handsome and toned.

Yes the 'other' board does seem to have fans of the joint or more likely fans of the type of boy in that joint which they fawn over from bar to bar and respond quickly to any criticism, or perceived criticism. Their defence of some apparent gogo bar 'superstar' who was arrested was a good example, an 'ordinary' looking lad to me....nothing special yet pleads for his 'forgiveness' from some members there. But no reason not to make your opinion known over there. Even a member here banned from GT 'samebb' went apeshit when I made these observations after a recent visit to Jupiter.

As a Gogo bar the set-up is a bit odd, but at 'only' Bt300 for first drink I'll still visit from time to time just for a look/update as it's a gay venue/boybar.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It’s the same at BBB. No underwear.
    Whilst you will never really know the truth behind it a Friend of mine who manages a bar nearby tells me it’s something to do with cheaper payments to the BiB...

Liked

If the new Jupiter is just a fashion show with guys in jeans, I skip the place.

But, the guys can still be offed, correct? And some guys are shirtless, or they can take off their shirts? Excessive tattoos are a real turn off for me....

Liked

On a typical night, there are dozens of good looking guys there, many of them of model quality. They present themselves in jeans and shoes, but all are shirtless. Compared to other bars, there might be less interaction (smiling) with the customers. But they are well aware if you watch them, and of course they are offable! This is why they are there at the bar, after all.

Liked

Tintin,

Thanks for the information. I will definitely take a look at the new Jupiter bar.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
    ...and of course they are offable!
    But at what prices?

I happily take the bus to and stay in a hotel in Pattaya, to have a look at twinks in underwear, for drinks for average 200 THB, and off fees average 400 THB, and who, after a 1000 THB tip for short time and exchanging contact information, will message me "When will you be back?".