Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hotel charges.

Liked

Re: Hotel charges.

Not once have I had to show ID to check-in to a hotel in KK. I can't, because I don't have a passport.

It's always the Thai I'm with who checks in, so I guess that makes me the joiner.

This is where curtain motels come in handy. No ID required for either party.

Liked

It maybe a scam that is spreading amongst the hotels. My friend has stayed at the Privi Hotel across from the Avenues shops a few times and last week for the first time they were charging 150 baht for any guests he took back to his room even though he had booked for two.

Liked

Yeah, this is an obvious scam.

Besides, unless the law has changed that I don't know about, hotels only need to register guests with immigration who are staying 2 or more days. If it's just one night, they don't need to register them by law. That's why curtain motels can operate throughout the country, and why some hotels will just hold the lad's ID until they leave instead of registering them.

Liked

Which hotel(s) by name have this charge?

Liked

If for any reason I deviate from my normal hotels I always email the proposed one beforehand to confirm that as I'm booking a room for two there will be no joiner charge.

There is no reason to be embarrassed to ask about this and it's always best to have your question answered in writing.

If the proposed hotel responds that there is a joiner charge, they simply don't get my money and I go elsewhere - and ditto if they don't respond

6. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (December 13th, 2017)

Liked

Totally agree SG. As I said, I stay in an apartment in Pattaya now, not a hotel. But the hotel I've booked in KK was booked for 2, it's standard, and as far as I can see, the same price.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

I think all these joiner fees in all possible disguises (joiner fee, registration fee, extra towels, breakfast for one or two) are a scam to make some extra money.

Name and shame these places so others can stay away!

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    300 baht is very little...
    It's a significant amount of money for me.

I usually stay in hotels that cost 300-500 THB and never had any such problem. In Nakon Sawan I had two guests over night, in Pattani as well, nobody cared. The place I'm usually staying in in Pattaya is not manned at night, so nobody would know whom and how many I take to my room (except by security camera).

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    This is where curtain motels come in handy. No ID required for either party.
    Out of about 20 visits to 5 different short time hotels, ID was required twice. In one occasion on check-in (I was staying over night, and had forgotten my passport, so we checked in with the boy's ID), in the other occasion I had already showered and we could have been in bed (but we were not: boy fully dressed and I in towel) when it knocked on the door asking for ID.

Liked

17 posts so far but no hotel(s) has been named. Are you kidding me?

10. User who gave Like to post:

colmx (December 16th, 2017)