Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotel charges.

Liked

Hotel charges.

My hotel, where Ive stayed for over 10 years have introduced a new charge that might catch on. It's a joiner a fee I'd 300 baht for non Thai guests. The manager explained it's to do with immigration as technically they need to register every non Thai who enters the hotel. 300 baht is very little and will not influence my decision to off in any way. I just thought I'd let you know.

2. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (December 14th, 2017)

Liked

Re: Hotel charges.

Even for a cheap charlie such as myself, 300Bt doesn't seem excessive.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

BTW. Some non Thai boys are aware of this and are carrying 'Thai' ID cards that my hotel spotted immediately. Better to be straight up front and just pay the charge.

Liked

I've stayed in an apartment for my last few trips, usually Mosaik. So it doesn't affect me. But after a night on the tiles, 300Bt seems reasonable.

I learned my lesson after I offed the 17 year old from All of Me. Since then I've asked the barman to check the ID if I have any doubts.

Liked

That's bullshit. Why don't they just do the job they're being paid for, and check guests in?

Liked

Matt, because these visitors are not guests with reservations (although the boys who go with arsenal probably have lots of reservations) so how can they be checked in?

8. User who gave Like to post:

Moses (December 13th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    That's bullshit. Why don't they just do the job they're being paid for, and check guests in?
    Many hotels have 2 prices for double room: for one guest and for 2 guests. If room is paid for one guest then usually hotel charge "for towel" sometimes "for towel and breakfast" (if breakfast is included) if you have visitor.

"Guest check in" is possible when room is paid for 2 persons - then to make regular check in is hotel's job. If room is paid for one guest - then you cannot ask for "guest check in": guest for whom check in may be expected is already checked in - you.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

10. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (December 13th, 2017)

Liked

I don't know, but I wouldn't pay it. For example, back when I had a couple giks, we'd always go to a hotel. If they said the room was an extra 300 baht because I happen to be white and he's Thai, I wouldn't pay it.

We normally used a curtain motel though, so no ID required, so I guess moot issue. Sometimes an actual hotel was used though.

Or what happens if Leo and myself decide to get a room? It's an extra 600 baht for them to do some paperword, and check us both in?

Liked

Are you being deliberately dense today Matt? If you book a room for 2 people, both of you will have to check in. For instance, I've booked a room for 2 at the hotel in KK you recommended. If it happens my friend doesn't travel with me, I don't expect them to lower the price because only one guest showed up.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    It's a joiner a fee I'd 300 baht for non Thai guests.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    If they said the room was an extra 300 baht because I happen to be white and he's Thai, I wouldn't pay it.
    I hope you're not colour-blind as well as blind Matt!

bkkguy