Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: A 'moment' with a Buddhist monk

Liked

A 'moment' with a Buddhist monk

Hi.

I was visiting a national monument in a South East Asian country recently, when I met a couple of monks. One spoke fairly reasonable English.

The first thing I noticed about this one was that he was cute, and quite twinky. But wanting to respect the local culture, and that very much includes the religion, I refused to think about it. I just looked him straight in the eye and showed respect

He asked if I would help him practice his English. In return he would show me round "Bargain!" I thought, and agreed to b this.

We added each other on FB. And from then on he's messaging me every couple of hours or so, trying to get me into conversation. Seems he likes my company.

Over the next three days (my final days in this town) he shows me round the temples, the burial sites, the ancient Wats and wotnot.
    I noticed he was taking a lot of photos of me on his phone.

On my final day there, he asks if he can come back to hotel room to help him with some English phrases he's learning. Anyway, to cut a long story short, he ended up fucking me in the ass.

He was quite rough. Not that it mattered, as he only had a little French Fry sized Asian dick, but it showed he was inexperienced.

This is consistent with his claim that i was his first. I can almost believe it, because he's still messaging me now I've left the country. He tells me how much he misses me, and what great friends we supposedly were, and repeatedly asks new when I'm coming back. I repeatedly tell him: not for at least two years, if ever.

Just wondering if anybody else has had similar experiences with monks. I'm sure some of them are gay, and they're probably almost all sexually frustrated beyond belief. Quite a lot of them aren't as serous about pursuing the philosophy anyway. They just want to get the free education. V

2. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (December 14th, 2017)

Liked

Re: A 'moment' with a Buddhist monk

I married a novice monk, does that count?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

are they supposed to be celibate?? I thought everyone in Thailand was a monk at some time in their lives...Maybe I should google how it works? Like are there short time monks and long time ones??

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    are they supposed to be celibate?? I thought everyone in Thailand was a monk at some time in their lives...Maybe I should google how it works? Like are there short time monks and long time ones??
    Yes, they're supposed to be celibate and yes, there are "short time" monks and "long time" monks, staying at a wat anywhere from a week to several years. It's a fluid arrangement. They do not take lifetime vows as Catholic monks do. And yes, the teenage novices are often just interested in getting an education. Thus there is quite a bit of "activity" among the gay novices, from what people say. The OP's experience is not unique. Several such reports from Laos and elsewhere.

6. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (December 15th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post

Yes, that's correct. Every male is expected to be a monk at some point in thie lives, generally raning from one week to three months. Then some spend their entire childhoods as novice monks, if they have no one to take care of them, such as Leo. He was a novice for 7 years.

Then there's some who dedicate their lives to Buddhism, and go on to become fully ordained monks. Apparently, this actually pays far better than one would expect. Those temples don't build and maintain themselves, and the head monks I guess make sure to get their cut.

You can tell depending whether or not their wearing a yellow sash type thing with their robe. If yes, they're just a novice and only have I think it's 12 rules to live by. If they don't have the yellow, they're a fully ordained monk, and have I think it's over 400 rules to live by.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Yes, that's correct. Every male is expected to be a monk at some point in thie lives
    You've been reading too many guide books

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    You've been reading too many guide books

Or been living here for the last 8 years. One or the other...

Banned
    Liked

Or been living here for the last 8 years. One or the other...
    Either way what you say may still - vaguely - be true in the back blocks of rural Thailand, but in Bangkok it's certainly untrue where it relates to "every" male or anything like "every" male. Young urban Thai males are much more interested in their phones than becoming a monk, even for a few days

Liked

You sure about that? They have both, societal and parental pressure to do it. It's only a week of their lives, so there's a chance you don't even know about it.

Just watch during the beginning of Buddhist Lent. Instead of just offering a little to the monks during their 6am rounds, people setup full tables filled with small bags of rice, etc., because the temples are full during that time with once-in-their-life novices.

Banned
    Liked

You sure about that? They have both, societal and parental pressure to do it. It's only a week of their lives, so there's a chance you don't even know about it.
    It's called "conversation" - lots of boys in Bangkok want to practise their English, no sex involved, and there's lots to talk about ... believe me, lots - things the Mods would have conniptions about too