FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Child via surrogate?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Child via surrogate?

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    Sounds like you'll be adopting an entire family, not just 2 children. Beware.
    Oh no, that's been discussed extensively. He knows where I stand, and agrees woth me. I'll take care of him, those two kids, and his elderly father if needed / wanted. I doubt the father will come to fruition though. Maybe he'll come for a visit, and within three days will probably think, "city life sucks, I'm going back home to my village".

It'll be fine. Just right now is a little out of the ordinary, because of his mother, so he knows I'm here in any and all capacity I can provide. Might not be much, but I'll do what I can. This doesn't normally happen though, and he knows my feelings about everything. It'll be fine.

Liked

Matt, I'm confused again. You say the family now don't want you to adopt the 2 children, but Leo's sister is offering to act as a surrogate so you can have your own? Doesn't make sense to me? Or am I missing something (not for the first time)?
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    Matt, I'm confused again. You say the family now don't want you to adopt the 2 children, but Leo's sister is offering to act as a surrogate so you can have your own? Doesn't make sense to me? Or am I missing something (not for the first time)?
    Yeah, it's just due a misunderstanding, and the cultural divide. It's fine.

You know how out here kids are expected to take care of their parents, much more so than in the West? It's a crucial part of culture here, and one of the reasons they keep having so many kids. The sisters think that's why we want those kids... so we have someone to take care of us when we're old. They think if we want kids to take care of us when we get old, we should make our own kids, instead of taking someone else's kids.

No, no.... that's just not right. I don't need, want, or expect those kids to take care of us when they become adults. I want them to go take care of their biological mother. I just want to temporarily give them a stronger life, so they have a shot at a good future, and can take care of their mother even better when the time comes.

Again, just a misunderstanding.

Liked

Matt, I am SO looking forward to meeting you in KK on the 15th. It'll be a fascinating evening. I mean that seriously. We think so differently on a range of things, and that's what makes life interesting.

Btw, I'm going to fly to KK from Don Muang (?sp). Not much more expensive than the bus, and only an hour. I'll keep you posted. We'll (or I'll) take a taxi to the hotel. We can arrange a time for you and Leo to come to the hotel for a beer before dinner.

Liked

This dude?!
    Will he EVER see Vientiane?
    Is Joe being taken for a ride?
    Does Joe want to be taken for a ride?
    Will Matty show up?
    And if so will he talk Joe into investing his fortune in Bitcoin?
    (And Joe agreeing?)
    Will Joe reconcile his confusion on surrogacy? Will he recommend a Diesel Fitter instead?
    Will Leo reconcile his taste for "luuk krueng"?
    Will Cndmatt get his eyes checked out while at the hospital about to be a father? If no, then why not?
    Has Matty ever seen the movie "Amadeus" within which the Emperor Joseph criticised Mozart for having "too many notes"?

My head is lusciously spinning at this last thread on: mommy, daddy, a Leo (a beer? a boy?), numerous sisters, spinal taps, bitcoins, two Lao foundlings living in a tree, five golden sperms/one egg, and a surrogate mother who is a sister, Chiang Mai, Vientiane, a meet-up hotel, a plane-not-a-bus, not-going-to-MY-house, too much booze, an ICU ward ... and on and on and on.

Actually, I'm clearly starting to get into this. I rescind my leave-taking.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

6. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (December 11th, 2017), catawampuscat (December 12th, 2017), francois (December 11th, 2017), joe552 (December 11th, 2017)

Liked

Smiles, I like you so I'm going to put you out of your misery. Matt and I have been commissioned by a TV production company to produce a soap opera, which will not only appeal to Thais (the sick mother and the dutiful son), but to those in the West (living blind in Thailand, bitcoins, etc). This thread is purely for research purposes and has no basis in fact. I thought the fact that I'm flying up to KK, rather than take a bus with the hoi polloi, would have given it away. But it appears even members of SGT are susceptible to an ongoing family drama.

Hope that explains the background, without giving away too many plot lines.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (December 11th, 2017), snotface (December 12th, 2017)

Liked

Fantastic! Keep up the good work.
    But please, in the meantime try backing off your fetish of deep throating the Diesel Fitter.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

10. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (December 11th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

better than geordie shore...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

and just about as authentic

Liked

We're keeping you all guessing, and that's the whole point. And you've put your trust in me to go meet Matt in KK, and if I make a positive report (i.e. he actually is a person) the Board will change a lot. Such power in the hands of so few.