Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Travel between Jomtien and BT

Liked

Travel between Jomtien and BT

After 24 years of coming to Pattaya, I have decided, for the first time, to stay in Jomtien rather than in south Pattaya. That means that I have never travelled back to Jomtien late at night (only during the day time). Do the baht buses still run from outside No.8 school to Jomtien very late at night after the gogo bars close? There are, I suppose, the ubiquitous motorbike taxis, but their speed at night would be a concern. There is always that chance that the biker has had more beer than me!!

Finally, what is the going rate these days for (a) a motorbike taxi between S.Pattaya and Jomtien Complex and (b) the baht bus for the same journey late at night?

Many thanks.

Liked

Re: Travel between Jomtien and BT

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    There are, I suppose, the ubiquitous motorbike taxis, but their speed at night would be a concern. There is always that chance that the biker has had more beer than me!!

Finally, what is the going rate these days for (a) a motorbike taxi between S.Pattaya and Jomtien Complex and (b) the baht bus for the same journey late at night?

Many thanks.
    Motobike rate is 60-70. After midnight till about 3am you can find there Nick from thaimasseur.biz on the moto stand near traffic light. He never drink at work, his west has number 6 on it.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

3. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (December 13th, 2017)

Liked

Hate to think what number his East has on it!

Useful info though.

That's why I don't know if I'd ever stay in Jomtien - the chances are I'd be ending most nights in BT or Sunee and the last thing I'd relish would be trying to get transport home.

Similar reason I rarely go out at Hogmanay these days - absolutely no way of getting home unless you have a non-drinking driver in your company (and I don't know any non-drinkers ) - although making a special effort this year for my Vietnamese guests and taking them to a Hogmanay Ceilidh

5. User who gave Like to post:

Moses (December 10th, 2017)

Liked

I always stay in Jomtien and have never had a problem getting back there after Sunnee/Boyztown bars close up. You have to be prepared to take a motorbike if necessary, but I've never encountered a problem with the state of the driver.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked

Many thanks gentlemen. Very helpful.

Liked

After 24 years of coming to Pattaya, I have decided, for the first time, to stay in Jomtien rather than in south Pattaya. That means that I have never travelled back to Jomtien late at night (only during the day time). Do the baht buses still run from outside No.8 school to Jomtien very late at night after the gogo bars close? There are, I suppose, the ubiquitous motorbike taxis, but their speed at night would be a concern. There is always that chance that the biker has had more beer than me!!
    Last few years I've stayed in Jomien at some point during a Thailand trip, and usually visit BT/Sunee at least once during a night returning at various times 10pm- 5am and always manage to get a baht bus. Last trip in Oct after a visit to Marine Disco in Walking St I caught baht bus at the end of soi VC next to VC hotel (opposite the small sois which lead to Walking St) at 5am. They seem to run 24/7 and it's just your luck during the quieter hours, but so far never needed to use Motocy taxis at any hour. Baht bus is usual Bt10 at all times, but I have used them as taxi hire for Bt80-100 depending on circumstances at the time, I prefer that option to motocy taxis.

To be honest when staying in Jomtien I often found the most irritating time to be using baht buses was around 6pm-8pm from Jomtien to Sth Pattaya as they tend to get stuck in the long traffic jams as you near Sth Pattaya with so many tour buses using that route and they are often packed solid, between being packed-in, vehicle fumes and heat it's a bit uncomfortable. I don't know if this is all year round or just the months I happen to be visiting. Expats here probably more in the 'know'.

Liked

Pattaya to Jomtien could take over an hour of your precious holiday time in a baht bus. Rented motorbike takes 10 minutes. A motorbike allows you to visit all three areas 2/3 times a night and sample the different atmospheres in each as the night unfolds. And the boy you off will think you a little less old and just a little more cool.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

ive had fun with the motor bike boys...grabbing hold of them..tightly..

Liked

I’ve been staying out at Jomtien for several years now. I much prefer it. It feels much more like a holiday place than up in town to me. I’ve never had any real problem getting a baht bus latish at night. Years ago I used to just walk up the soi to the main road and flag one down but now they all seem to fill up at the cue at the school so I walk down there and climb on. It usually doesn’t take long before they take off.

When I’m late for meeting people I will take a motortaxi but ask for a helmet and always remind them “sabai, sabai” before starting and sometimes on the way again.

A couple of years ago I noticed cabs started appearing around down. I think they wanted 100-200 baht pretty much regardless of the trip. I took one once when I was really late and it was really hot. It was well worth it for the aircon alone.

12. User who gave Like to post:

Up2U (December 10th, 2017)

Liked

Many thanks.
    Many of the baht buses are driving at extremely fast speeds late at night. I sometimes feel very unsafe. The motorcycle taxis out front of Jomtiem Complex near the Poseidon Hotel do have a car which i took recently late at night for 150 baht with some Thai friends to a club. He drove very well and safely.