Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Visiting Khon Kaen

Liked

Re: Visiting Khon Kaen

Don't worry, Leo will be fine. Again, that's my job. As it turns out, I'm pretty good at this whole love thing. He'll be fine.

Liked

Matt, this is my last post on the subject of grief. I am not doubting your love for Leo, or that you will be there for him. I am simply saying that you can not predict how his grief will affect him. Sometimes, love may not be enough. Again, let's just wait and see.

There, done!

Btw, if anyone has recent information on busses to KK, I'd be grateful I have a few days before I go, so plenty of time to go the bus station myself, but is there more than company on the route. If so, is one better than another, in terms of comfort?
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Joe I'm sure your concerns are well founded, but I'm sure you appreciate that just as some people struggle to come to terms with grief, equally not everybody falls apart at the seams.

When my father died this year after looking after him single handedly for almost 20yrs I took a day off work and another day for the funeral. I got no support from anybody - didn't want it, didn't need it.

There isn't half a day goes by that I don't think of him or miss him, but I have to get on with what's left of my own life - there's no time to waste wailing and gnashing my teeth.

Liked

I am obviously not getting my point across. I know people experience grief in different ways. For some, it's more intense that for others. Matt seems to be predicting how Leo will feel. I am simply trying to point there is no way for Matt to predict that.

I don't know how else I can say it, so I'll say no more on grief.

5. User who gave Like to post:

scottish-guy (December 9th, 2017)

Liked

I'm not arguing with you at all - just flagging up that whilst you may be right and Leo might be devastated and incapable of functioning for a while, it's equally possible he'll cope with it perfectly well.

So I'll say no more on it either

7. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (December 9th, 2017)

Liked

Okay, I've been thinking about this. I just heard from my first love and he'd like to go to KK with me. So the deal is this Matt - I plan to go to KK with my friend, unless you ask me not to. Fair enough?

Liked

Yes, Joe. I'm not the one who proposed changing the plans, you did... twice now.

Jan 15th.

Leo's mom is in the ICU right now, while him and his sisters are sleeping in the waiting room, so I really don't care at the moment. Yeah, Jan 15 is fine, I'm sure.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    Btw, if anyone has recent information on busses to KK, I'd be grateful I have a few days before I go, so plenty of time to go the bus station myself, but is there more than company on the route. If so, is one better than another, in terms of comfort?
    Having gone by bus to KK one before- there is no way I would do it again... Its around 350 miles

You can get flights from Don Muang to KK starting at €23 for a decent hour
    Or flights from Suvanabhumi from €37

Alternatively you could fly from Pattaya/U-tapao Airport to Udon Thani and take a train or bus south from Udon to KK
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (December 12th, 2017), joe552 (December 9th, 2017)

Liked

colmx, thanks so much. I didn't know there was an airport in KK. Clearly the flights are the way to go, and very cheap too.

I just spoke to my friend on Facebook (which is tortuously slow), and he's happy to go with me. Apparently, both he and his wife are homeless and unemployed, and crashing in friends' rooms.

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.
    Last edited by joe552; December 9th, 2017 at 23:32.

Liked

My friend just posted this on my FB page. He is the small(ish) guy in an orange T shirt

[link removed on request of joe552]
    Last edited by christianpfc; December 12th, 2017 at 19:03. Reason: link removed on request of joe552