Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Visiting Khon Kaen

Liked

Visiting Khon Kaen

Matt and I are in touch via email and I have told him the following - in the event of Leo's mother's death, I will not travel to KK. I feel it would be intruding on Leo's private grief. My mother died in January, and the thought of having to entertain some foreign stranger, even for one night, would have been too much.

Matt has insisted that he is ready to meet as arranged. I feel that will change when (if?) she dies. So this is entirely my decision, and should not be taken as a reflection on Matt, in any way.

I've become very disillusioned with all the negative posts directed at one person. It feels like a pack of hyenas circling a wounded gazelle. I won't partake in it any more.

If Leo's mother recovers, I am more than happy to go with the original plan.

Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

2. User who gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (December 9th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Visiting Khon Kaen

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    Matt and I are in touch via email and I have told him the following - in the event of Leo's mother's death, I will not travel to KK. I feel it would be intruding on Leo's private grief. If Leo's mother recovers, I am more than happy to go with the original plan.
    I agree. If his mother dies, Leo would need more than a few weeks to come to terms with the loss.

4. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (December 9th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It feels like a pack of hyenas circling a wounded gazelle.
    Not quite. All I see is the same ageing, impotent Australian dingo with no teeth and no claws chasing yet another clever mouse whom he hasn't got a chance in hell of catching. All he's got left is his bark.

Liked

What? Leo's mother most likely isn't going to recover. She'll probably be dead within hours.

Life goes on though. We'll be here for the Jan 15th meeting if you wanted to meet.

Liked

Matt, I'm not sure if you understand the grief you feel at the death of a parent. Although my mother's death had been expected, it wasn't any easier to cope with. I still have difficulty, one year on, as does my sister.

Let's wait and see.

Liked

Yeah, understood. Thtat's why he has me. Don't worry about that part, as that's my job. I'll pick him up, brush him off, and get him ready for life again. Afterall, we have those two kids in the village we need to adopt, so we need to be strong for them.

Again, don't worry, that's my job. We're available for a Jan 15th meeting if you still wanted to meet.

Liked

As the UK Prime Minister repeats at PMQ's before answering the substantive question: I refer the Honourable Member to the reply I gave some moments ago.(when asked about his/her engagements for the day)

Liked

Matt, I'm not sure if you understand the grief you feel at the death of a parent. Although my mother's death had been expected, it wasn't any easier to cope with. I still have difficulty, one year on, as does my sister.
    Not trying to be overly cynical ('cynical' being cndmatt's favourite accusation this month) but your grief-description above is - for me - more maudlin cliche than reality.
    The comfort slots we find to crawl into upon the death of a parent are as diverse as there are individuals on this earth.
    For instance, one year on you say, still mourning you say? For me, that's masochism, not grieving. But do carry on with that slot ... that's the individualism of it all.

Along those same lines: one of my favourite massively over-used psycho-babble phrases is this puppy, " ... I just can't seem to find closure ... " . When I hear that nonsense spouted I run screaming for the nearest exit.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

11. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (December 12th, 2017)

Liked

Joe, if you want to break the meet, then just do it. However, don't try to blame me for it, as that's quite pitiful.

Just say you don't want to meet for personal reasons, and it's fine.

Yes, from the sounds of things Leo's mother is probably going to die. It's going to be difficult on him, and he knows I'm here for him. HHowever, life still goes on, so we can make a Jan 15th dinner meet if you want.

Liked

Smiles, I am not grieving in the same way I was 9 months ago. I was trying to say that Matt can't predict how Leo will feel. I think you are also making the point.

Matt, I fully intend to keep the meet, but reserve the right to cancel if I feel it appropriate. Let's wait and see how Leo is at the beginning of January. I have until the 7th to cancel my hotel booking.

I have checking busses to KK, and the journey time is between 9 and 10 hours.