Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: True character...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: True character...

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    What question? Whether or not Leo is fucking me over for a quick financial reward of a few thousand baht? I'm not even going to dignify that, hence why I didn't answer.
    No, the"so you did I trust immediately then refunded him the cost of that gold so that he wasn't out of pocket" - didn't you ?

That was the question.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Every time one of these threads starts I see Matt as the Road Runner pursued by a succession of Wily Coyotes. And not the dancing variety. Mr Arsenal recommends the Acme Catch-a-Mattic. Just $99.99.
    :

Pursued - I just asked a simple albeit cynical question ( and cynical as I am when it comes to most of my dealings with Thai's etc these days not just "leo" per se)- and a question that I would have asked anyone else in exactly the same situation. Whether or not Matt decides to answer is his own business thereafter.

I actually would be more of the thinking that Matt, what with him being as well of as he undoubtedly must be just now, should perhaps have taken note that if Leo felt it appropriate to bring gold to his mother on her death bed "from Matt" then Matt perhaps should have been on the ball re that there from conversations they no doubt have about such cultural differences saying that that that might be required meaning he could have then supplied it if he chose to - hence my question. Or Matt might have thought, fuck that, no way am I'm buying / sending gold to the family "from me" for ANY reason. Again hence my question.

And no matter what the answer to me any a valid question either way about the differences of life and culture life when living with an Asian guy and as I said always Matt's decision to answer or not. Personally I dont see it as a big issue, he either bought it or he let Leo crack on and get it himself and say it was from him., as to buying a person gold on their death bed, cant say I've ever heard of that before so also happy to learn about new parts of Thai / Lao culture of course.
    Last edited by Nirish guy; December 9th, 2017 at 17:28.

Liked

NIrish, while Matt is entirely capable of defending himself, I feel your pursuit of this question at this time is somewhat insensitive.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

As you can see Joe from the timeline of posts when I posted my question there was no talk whatsoever of Leo's mother dying or being on her death bed, merely that Leo was going to visit his mum the next day in hospital etc. The rest has developed since in a few hours and I've said at least twice he should only answer if he chooses to. Likewise my post above is in answer to Arsenals post re persuing etc.

If Matt's boyfriends mother is on her death bed, from which i hope she recovers from quickly of course, then I'm sure that he's much more important things to be doing there than reading the board anyway. Baring in mind that his OP in this thread was nothing whatsoever to do with death etc that but more just a general post about "do other people have nice stories of things they know they're BF does" etc - so not exactly doom and gloom at that point. So, sorry if you think what you do, I dont share your view re my previous post.

Liked

I think you're quite entitled to ask the question - I'm simply commenting on the timing, given what Matt has told us.

Since there is nothing he can do about that situation, perhaps he's using the Board to distract himself until he hears some definite news?

Liked

Why did you not go with him ? He is your partner is he not ? Unbelieveable, you let him go alone. Never mind the bollocks gold story, if you are his boyfriend, you would be there right next to him.

Here you were judging me for having someone on the go, but rest assured, if my boyfriend's mother (or father) was on the brink of dying, I would not drag my feet, and go to Lao with him, even from the Netherlands, no questions asked. Come logical.

Liked

justaguy, surely you're familiar with Matt's immigration status in Thailand?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    Not really, I think he once claimed to be illegally in Thailand, but of course that would pose a problem for his intended trip to Lao whenever he decides to move to Lao.

Some of what he posts I take with a grain of salt.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    Which is why (IMHO) he was extremely foolish to post his pic on this message board - there can't be too many youngish white blind farang with Laotian BF and assorted canines living in KK.

Let's just say that Sherlock Holmes would not be required - even the BIB could work that one out

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Lucky for Matt that Neal isn’t still with us or the immigration police would already have been notified, photograph forwarded and them being half way through breaking Matts door down to arrest him by now !
    Last edited by Nirish guy; December 9th, 2017 at 23:17.

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (December 10th, 2017), joe552 (December 9th, 2017)