Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: True character...

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Re: True character...

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    Why did you not go with him ? He is your partner is he not ? Unbelieveable, you let him go alone. Never mind the bollocks gold story, if you are his boyfriend, you would be there right next to him.
    This is a very crass post.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

frequent (December 10th, 2017), joe552 (December 10th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    Why did you not go with him ? He is your partner is he not ? Unbelieveable, you let him go alone. Never mind the bollocks gold story, if you are his boyfriend, you would be there right next to him.

Here you were judging me for having someone on the go, but rest assured, if my boyfriend's mother (or father) was on the brink of dying, I would not drag my feet, and go to Lao with him, even from the Netherlands, no questions asked. Come logical.

You think I didn't immediately offer to go when he was initially leaving? You think I didn't offer to go multiple times yesterday? And she's even in Thailand at the moment. In Mukaharadeen, or whatever that city is called that's on the border with Laos.

I've been told to stay put though, which is understandable. There's lots of family there, this is a family affair, and I'm not currently part of that family. I've never met any member of that family yet, so me being there would be more of a distraction than anything.

He knows it's a simple e-mail or phone call, and I'm in a taxi, and will be there in a few hours. Besides, decision hasn't been made yet, but come tomorrow / later today she's probably either getting moved to KK Ram hospital, or going back to the village to die, because the current doctors can't figure out what's wrong with her.

4. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (December 10th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Matty
    Mukaharadeen, or whatever that city is called that's on the border with Laos.
    It's 'Mukdahan' ya twat. And it's a Province as well as a city. Try consulting a map before jumping in. Oops ... I forgot ... right.

Lao music from Mukdahan:

Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

I did look at a map, but it was all black for some reason.

Stupid map...

Liked

Matt. Just curious. If you can't see to read a map, how do you see to read posts on this board?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by jimnbkk View Post
    Matt. Just curious. If you can't see to read a map, how do you see to read posts on this board?

Orca screen reader for LINUX. My computer talks to me.

It's annoying, but it works. The most annoying part is when visiting a new site, you have to play around and try to figure out how it's formatted. For example, I know all posts on SGT are enclosed in "blockquote" HTML tags, so I just hit Q to move down to the next post, or Shift+Q to move up.

To make this reply, I just pressed E for the next entry field, and my screen reader said "rich text editor entry field". I then pushed Insert+A and my screen reader said "focus mode", meaning it's ok to type. Now I push Insert+A again, will get "browse mode", and I push B for next push button and my screen reader will say "post quick reply push button", to which I just hit enter.

Annoying, but it works, and you get used to it.

I probably look pretty funny though. I just sitting here in bed, with a couple pillows behind me. Have a USB keyboard on my lap and headphones on, while my laptop is about 2 feet to the side of me. I just sit here and stare into the void as I type / listen away. You know those little bumps on the F and J keys? Yeah, those are pretty important for folk like me.
    Last edited by cdnmatt; December 11th, 2017 at 02:24.