Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Straight Talking

Liked

Straight Talking

Back in the days when it was still possible to off a boy from a Bangkok bar without taking out a second mortgage on your home, I met a delightful young man in Classic Boys. The bar was much the same then – the year was 2001 – as it is now. Twink-type boys, overloud music, even one of the same pushy, obnoxious mamasans. The young man in question captured my attention immediately with his slim, slinky good looks as he paraded on stage. We made eye contact and I got an encouraging smile. I called him over and found him pleasant to talk to and, close up, sexy as hell. An easy decision to off him – the only difficulty was refraining from drooling. He had to return to the stage for a while because he was in the show, his role being to beat the apparent shit out of another boy with a length of hose. Such resounding, convincing thwacks!

Back at my hotel we had good commercial sex. He did an excellent job of feigning interest in me and I gave my lust a thorough outing. He was a bit reluctant to be fucked but I charmed him into it. Afterwards he admitted what I already suspected, that he preferred women. Bit of a downer but not a game-breaker. I had already had one relationship (sort of) with a straight Thai guy and, in England over the years, several such. I was an experienced settler for what I could get, with low expectations. We chatted for a while – my broken Thai, his broken English – and I found myself warming to him more and more. A bright, friendly fellow. I teased him about his apparent enjoyment of beating the other guy on stage, told him he must be a sadist. 'Just show,' he said with a frown. Reminder to self: don't overdo the teasing of Thai boys.

I knew I wanted to spend more time with this young man and he raised no objections. We had a few days in Pattaya and then I took him to Kanchanaburi where we stayed in a cabin atop a raft on the river. Trees along the raised bank, gently lapping waters. Such a romantic setting for a paid carnal interlude. In leafing through photos from that time, I see that in one he is standing on the famous River Kwai bridge, wearing dark glasses, smiling, jazzily making V-signs with both hands. In another he is leaning bare-chested over the rail of our cabin giving me a somewhat thoughtful look. I feel a faint tremor of remembered lust at the sight of that oh-so-kissable mouth. I see hints of reserve in several of the photos. Was I aware of it at the time? Sure, and of his increasing reluctance when it came to the bone-rubbing event, but I chose to ignore all that. Against all reason I could feel myself becoming more and more attached to him.

Fortunately for me, my holiday came to an end before total infatuation had set in. I didn't communicate with him back in England and it was with curiosity more than anything else that I returned to his Bangkok bar on my next trip a year later. I was told that he had married and gone to live in Chiang Mai. A telephone number was provided after a bit of hunting around.

I was planning on going to Chiang Mai anyway and phoned from my hotel when I got there. The answering voice sounded abrupt, unfamiliar, and I wondered at first if this was some kind of hoax, but an arrangement to meet was made and, sure enough, my sexy young friend duly turned up at the agreed restaurant by the old-city moat. A bit fuller in the face, no doubt the result of all that home cooking by an adoring wife (yes, there were pangs of jealousy but nothing I couldn't handle).

We ate at an outside table shaded by trees and had a rather stilted conversation. The wife wasn't discussed in any detail. I can't remember what work he said he was doing – not bar work anyway! He grew wistful at one point and mentioned a dream of his I had heard before about opening his own restaurant. The hopeful look in his eyes amused me. I had never had the inclination or means to help him with this project and certainly not now. I realised, with relief, that my interest in him had faded and I didn't even bother to suggest we return to my hotel together. I was getting strong vibes that he wouldn't have agreed to do so anyway.

So we parted amicably and life moved on for both of us. This was the last occasion on which I allowed myself to become involved with a guy who was basically straight. Ever since one of the first questions I have asked any new young man is if he is gay. If he says he is not, or my own gaydar tells me he is not, I abort proceedings. Life is too short for us to make our course through it more complicated than it needs to be.

2. 17 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (December 9th, 2017), bobsaigon2 (December 8th, 2017), christianpfc (December 13th, 2017), colmx (December 9th, 2017), dinagam (December 9th, 2017), francois (December 8th, 2017), gerefan2 (December 9th, 2017), Halfhansum (December 9th, 2017), joe552 (December 8th, 2017), Maxx (December 9th, 2017), MiniMee (December 8th, 2017), Moses (December 8th, 2017), neddy3 (December 8th, 2017), Oliver (December 8th, 2017), Robby (December 8th, 2017), Smiles (December 8th, 2017), TaoR (December 8th, 2017)

Banned
    Liked

Re: Straight Talking

I work on the basis of "Don't ask, don't tell". The binary construct of straight/gay is entirely artificial. As we know from Kinsey, sexuality is a continuum from exclusively heterosexually-attracted to exclusively homosexually-attracted, and everything in between. I've met plenty of guys - Western and Asian - with wedding rings who were happy cock-suckers

The question "are you gay" in Thailand has often meant "are you a bottom?" to the hearer, since they don't recognise the binary view of sexuality that the speaker is imposing. My current regular masseur/fuck buddy plays both ways but prefers guys. I like the Foucauldian framework (Foucault believed that sexual identity is a straitjacket imposed most forcefully by Western institutions, and one from which we should all be immediately freed). Gay or straight is basically a Western liberal construct, of little relevance to most of the world

4. 4 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (December 13th, 2017), Halfhansum (December 9th, 2017), MiniMee (December 8th, 2017), TaoR (December 9th, 2017)

Liked

While I don't disagree with Frequent I have an almost foolproof way to know for sure the boys true sexuality.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Gay or straight is basically a Western liberal construct, of little relevance to most of the world
    Try telling that to a middle-class Thai gay who has to conceal his sexual identity from parents and employers for fear of the repercussions. On your 'don't ask, don't tell ' point, it makes sense if you are versatile in your sexual preferences and don't expect to become emotionally involved with your partners. In my case I am a top and want only bottoms as partners. The only exception to that is if a boy is drop-dead gorgeous in which case I am just delighted to share his gorgeousness for a few minutes, even if only touching and sucking is involved. In addition I know that I am susceptible to emotional entanglement and feel more comfortable knowing that my partner is also gay. I don't want to be walking down the street with him when a pretty girl comes along and see him ogling her; it would create a sense of apartness in me. Of course having a gay partner is no guarantee of success as I know very well, but I feel more of a sense of common interests there. This is a subjective area. I know there are people on this board who prefer straight partners. It seems odd to me but if it works for them good luck to them.

7. 3 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (December 9th, 2017), joe552 (December 8th, 2017), Smiles (December 9th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    While I don't disagree with Frequent I have an almost foolproof way to know for sure the boys true sexuality.
    My tactic used to be to ask them what sports they like
    Straight boys invariably like football and snooker
    Gay boys invariably like volleyball and badminton

Its not 100% foolproof... but damn near is!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

9. 5 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (December 13th, 2017), joe552 (December 9th, 2017), llz (December 10th, 2017), Nirish guy (December 10th, 2017), snotface (December 9th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

snotface love your post and appreciate you sharing your inner feelings to the whole world . I always find it interesting how we are all wired so differently, you seem to look for more than the mere physical pleasure that there is to be enjoyed with a MB, you clearly enjoy and value the emotional attachment. Again this is something I have difficulty understanding as reason should tell you that a MB being " enjoyed" by many on a daily basis cannot reciprocate.
    I actually prefer straight MBs, I get a high out of the fact that its all about the money. I enjoy role playing with them. And when im done with them they are almost instantly forgotten. Just another firm fleshed bottom enjoyed by me, nothing more.

11. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (December 13th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

//oh and haters like arsetroll and scotty...Ive done my best to use positive language like enjoyed instead of used, and in order to not offend you have have not gone into detail about the role play I enjoy. Have simply focussed on the emotional aspect.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by snotface View Post
    In addition I know that I am susceptible to emotional entanglement and feel more comfortable knowing that my partner is also gay
    More fool you

Forum's veteran
    Liked

frequent do u have to be so brutal?/ we are all thinking it but could u not be a little more gentle and break it to him in a kinder way?? Remind him that the MB is in it for the cash. That MB gets fucked by multiple guys on a weekly basis and that this makes it difficult for Mb to reciprocate where emotional attachment/love is concerned.

Liked

We are all grateful for your conversion from ferel dog to semi-human Poxxy.