Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snow in Thailand?

Liked

Snow in Thailand?

So my Laos massage teacher finally got in touch after a couple of weeks of silence. He'd love to see snow. Am I wrong in thinking there are mountains in the north which would have snow at some time (not necessarily this trip in January).

Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Re: Snow in Thailand?

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    So my Laos massage teacher finally got in touch after a couple of weeks of silence. He'd love to see snow. Am I wrong in thinking there are mountains in the north which would have snow at some time (not necessarily this trip in January).
    not wrong... at northen Laos it is possible - at Hmongs territory in hills: Jan 2016 on video

Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (December 13th, 2017), joe552 (December 8th, 2017)

Liked

One bar boy in Pattaya, knowing I lived in a cold country, asked me to bring him snow on my next trip!

When I suggested it would melt his suggestion was "But you can put it in a box"

My own BF has a similar fascination with snow but his desire is now somewhat sated since he found (and took me to) an indoor snow centre in Saigon where they have built a slope you can toboggan down, a facade of alpine themed shop fronts, and every now and then the snow drifts down from the roof. You are issued with a Parka coat when you go in - as long as you have the body shape of a Vietnamese stick-insect. The snow itself was genuine in that it wasn't synthetic but it was more ice than snow - very hard, no softness at all.

So whereas the snow in northern Laos is far from guaranteed, you could always take the guy to Saigon for guaranteed ice snow - the flights are fairly cheap - and make his dream come true, sort of

5. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (December 8th, 2017)

Liked

Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

7. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

Well that's Joe's problem solved!

I wouldn't have known about that place in BKK as my days of playing in the snow ended long ago, so it's not the sort of thing I'd seek out.

I wouldn't have known about the one in Saigon either if I hadn't been forced to go there!

9. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

Thanks guy, very helpful information.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

to be fair the "I want to see snow" is usually in my experience just a precursor to the "please can you sponsor me to come to your Country". Thankfully being in the UK that usually finished that conversation very quickly once I explain our visa rules, although I usually then get "but you not live in the UK you live in Iceland - no ??" :-)

Liked

Haha, funny enough NIrish, when we were chatting there on Facebook, he posted the flag of Iceland. He was corrected pretty sharpish.

Liked

The Iceland remark is about on a par with them regularly telling me that Scotland is in London

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    not live in the UK you live in Iceland - no ??" :-)
    he messed up Iceland and Ireland?