Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Snow in Thailand?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Snow in Thailand?

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Every few years it snows on Doi Inthanon in Chiang Mai province ~ Inthanon is the highest mountain in Thailand. It doesn't stay very long, but thousands of Thai folks head for the summit when it's announced that there is snow there. Probably is more like sludge than snow really, and Canadians would guffaw-out-loud at even calling it 'snow'.
    Yes it might snow at Doi Inthanon, but it's mostly wet snow I believe. For real snow, there is one montain in Lao that will have snow during winter:

http://www.geonames.org/1657931/phou-bia.html

Personally I don't get the fun in snow. After about five weeks in Thailand and Lao, I just returned home, only to be greeted by bloody snow. I hate snow, I hate cold.

but, doi Inthanon reminds me of a trip we took with about 10-12 people some ten years ago. Even the Thai were laughing at me putting on a coat. Until we got to the summit, and three out of four Thais, plus my Lao boyfriend, made a run for some shop and purchased a coat at inflated prices right on the summit 55555

2. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (December 9th, 2017)