Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Those cheap watches. Any good?

Liked

Re: Those cheap watches. Any good?

What's the point of brail? If I want to know the time / day, get directions to somewhere, find out some info, or anything else, I just need to ask Siri (my phone).

I've been blind for close to 15 months now, and have yet to encounter a single time where I though, "geez, I sure wish I knew brail". It's obsolete, same as watches and phone land lines.

For example, if I goto a restaurant, I don't need to request a brail version of the menu. I just take a pitcture of it with my phone, and it reads it out to me.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    I agree Matt, can't see the point of owning a watch, except as a piece of jewellery.
    Some people appreciate the inner workings of a mechanical watch - all those little cogs and wheels moving in harmony. There are sometimes close to 300 individual moving parts!

You won't get that with a fake watch, of course. The movements are, unsurprisingly, very simple. But the watches keep good time because the various complications on say, a fake chronograph, don't work, so the movement only has to tell the basic time.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The 100 or 200 baht ones off a Stall sometimes last a few years.

The copy fake Rolex ones sometimes only last a month. Don't bother with them.

Liked

Well if like me you had relied on an iphone and ipad updating to the local time while you sat in an airport lounge without a care in the world and then finding out they hadn't updated and you'd missed your connection.............

Liked

Thanks for the feedback. As I don't carry or use a smart phone a watch is important to me. I've seen two watches I like and will make up my mind tomorrow. They are 500 Baht ones.

Liked

I like having a watch as I don;t take my phone everywhere I go eg beach.gym or shopping. I had a few 100bt watches but none of them lasted long enough to see if I could change the battery. Each time was the arm where the strap connected. I decided then to splash out when I was back in UK and bought one for the equivalent of just under 500bt. Now had it for 4 years with one battery change.

Liked

Some Western countries have draconian laws against bring in fake products especially if the product replicates a native item.
    Italy is a case in point.
    There are huge fines if you're found with a fake Italian design handbag going through customs for instance.
    I guess the Swiss wouldn't be big fans of fake watches either.

Liked

Yeah the Italians seem to have a problem with dodgy goods but it doesn't seem to extend to the decidedly shady Mr Berlusconi who is making yet another comeback

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Yeah the Italians seem to have a problem with dodgy goods but it doesn't seem to extend to the decidedly shady Mr Berlusconi who is making yet another comeback
    c
    Italy is not yet like the Pussy-Whipped Nordic countries and America.
    Italian women WON'T marry a man or indeed vote for him unless he's fairly Trumpish.

Liked

In 2010 (?) my watch from Germany had a failure so I bought a watch in Thailand (double mistake: buying a watch in Thailand, and doing it in Patpong Night Market where I paid 250 THB while they usually sell for 100 at local markets). I hadn't even left Thailand (3 week holiday), when the strap began to disassemble (I could fix this with a paperclip). Some months later, a failure that I could not locate. And then I discovered that the back is pressed onto the case, not screwed; which means you cannot replace the battery; anyway the battery would have lasted longer than the watch.