Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Superstar Esan Club 3rd Rd near Sunee

Liked

Superstar Esan Club 3rd Rd near Sunee

Poster 'Aussie_ ' started a good thread over at Gaythailand regarding a recently opened Issan Pub/Club (similar to Tam Nan Khon Issan in Nth Pattaya). The thread is tucked away in a Pattaya sub-forum over on GT but still has some good feedback on it. Just hoping for some more feedback and to bring it to attention of any members here who don't visit GT. It seems to be getting popular and a serious rival to Tam Nan Issan.

Latest report over at GT by 'gerefan' says that it seems to be non-smoking. While that's a good development as far as I'm concerned it'll be interesting to see if they are able manage to maintain that, given the number of Thai lads who chain smoke in the other Pubs and Clubs.

It's proximity to Sunee and nearer the Jomtien direction of town will be of interest to many who make the journey to TNI at the Nth Pattaya end. It will also be interesting to see if it can attract the gay lads to whom TNI is currently 2nd home.

Any members visited yet?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Superstar Esan Club 3rd Rd near Sunee

Yes and as I said No Smoking signs everywhere and obeyed. At least now.
    Exactly the same concept as the other two Esan venues except all new.
    Well worth a visit and easily walkable from Sunee.
    Left about 6 am so no early closing...yet. Unlike the other two.

Liked

I'm sure if colmx ever gets out of bed, there's a chance he'll drag me and Ronan to this new place. Walking distance from Sunee sounds good.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Yes and as I said No Smoking signs everywhere and obeyed. At least now.
    Exactly the same concept as the other two Esan venues except all new.
    Well worth a visit and easily walkable from Sunee.
    Left about 6 am so no early closing...yet. Unlike the other two.
    Thanks for update. 'Easily walkable' from sunee sounds ideal.

Question or two for those fortunate enough to have already visited......is there a raised level with tables around the venue or is it just flat lay-out, and did anyone notice if Beer Towers were available.....lastly TamNanIssan has good food, any idea regarding the fare at this new venue? Sometimes the Beer Tower and food availability are relevant to Club/fun destination decisions.....

Out of interest.........I assume this new venue at present, until it catches on with the gay crowd/bar boys, is probably more like TamNanIssan Bkk (not far from Silom) where it's very mixed, mostly straight/female with only a few tables of gay lads here and there around the venue, (not that's any reason not to visit) is that also true of Superstar Esan or has the gay crowd established a base there already?

Questions...questions......

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post
    Question or two for those fortunate enough to have already visited......is there a raised level with tables around the venue or is it just flat lay-out, and did anyone notice if Beer Towers were available.....lastly TamNanIssan has good food, any idea regarding the fare at this new venue? Sometimes the Beer Tower and food availability are relevant to Club/fun destination decisions.....

Out of interest.........I assume this new venue at present, until it catches on with the gay crowd/bar boys, is probably more like TamNanIssan Bkk (not far from Silom) where it's very mixed, mostly straight/female with only a few tables of gay lads here and there around the venue, (not that's any reason not to visit) is that also true of Superstar Esan or has the gay crowd established a base there already?

Questions...questions......
    Beer towers were available, we had small food and some french fries so not sure about larger dishes or quality. No raised area like Tum Nan Bangkok and not sure about any other level as i had quite a few drinks before arriving at the club. Plenty of gays the night that i went including 10 or more at my table. Many others visiting our table for a chat and a shot of whiskey. It was fairly wild by 430am and i had one guy hugging and kissing me while another was trying to smoke me up the leg of my shorts The waiter did look a bit suprised as he walked past. As much or more fun as any other club on the night that i went but that depends on the guys you are with and the rest of the crowd i guess. Fortunately for my wallet my friends and others shared the cost of the bottles of whiskey that they drank so not sure of the total bill for bottles, extra mixers and food. Comparable to Tum Nan i would say.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by aussie_ View Post
    Beer towers were available, we had small food and some french fries so not sure about larger dishes or quality. No raised area like Tum Nan Bangkok and not sure about any other level as i had quite a few drinks before arriving at the club. Plenty of gays the night that i went including 10 or more at my table. Many others visiting our table for a chat and a shot of whiskey. It was fairly wild by 430am and i had one guy hugging and kissing me while another was trying to smoke me up the leg of my shorts The waiter did look a bit suprised as he walked past. As much or more fun as any other club on the night that i went but that depends on the guys you are with and the rest of the crowd i guess. Fortunately for my wallet my friends and others shared the cost of the bottles of whiskey that they drank so not sure of the total bill for bottles, extra mixers and food. Comparable to Tum Nan i would say.
    Well you seem to have covered all the essentials for a good time, for me anyway.........like you I tend to have the 'fun' aspect already sorted in the shape of bf and/or friends/boys we choose to go with, but having a place with a good atmosphere adds to it Immensely. Seems to be on a 'par' with TNI which is going to be very handy so close to the Sunee end of town. Your crowd seems to max-out the fun aspect if 'bottles' plural are being mentioned! When on a night out it's often impossible to tell where the money has actually gone in terms of which bill where, especially as you say if it's with friends, other westerners or a 'share' mentality crowd you're out with.

The fact that the gay crowd is already treating it as home territory will be a bonus. Updates appreciated.

Liked

"Easily walkable from Sunnee" sounds great but where is it?
    Is it on 3rd rd. near the Bali Hi fly over or is it in the road to Jomtien (Tappraya) or is it on 3rd towards Tony's Gym?
    @ 3am my sat nav is a bit off kilter.

Senior member RonanTheBarbarian's Avatar
    Liked

In my alter-ego of forrestreid, I provided a map showing the location on the GayThailand Forum site.

I tried to post it here as well, but the system won't let me.

You will find it on the relevant GayThailand thread.

Liked

Here you go Ronan:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

10. User who gave Like to post:

aussie_ (December 12th, 2017)

Senior member RonanTheBarbarian's Avatar
    Liked

Thanks colmx.

It just wouldnt let me do it.