Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Superstar Esan Club 3rd Rd near Sunee

Liked

Re: Superstar Esan Club 3rd Rd near Sunee

As someone who once worked for the Ordnance Survey (the people who make the official maps of the country) what's missing from colmx's graphic is scale. This new club doesn't look like close to Sunee. Are we talking walking distance (10 mins), a short mocy ride or what?
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

By my estimation it's a 6-7 minute walk from sunee (it's right next to the apartment block I usually stay)

Soi 17/Sip Chet has no footpath though... So it can be a bit of a hairy walk with the Middle Eastern guys racing their motorbikes....

3. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (December 12th, 2017)

Liked

I went last Saturday. Actually still in recovery mode :-)

My opinion:

The place looks bigger and probably is. They had a famous singer that night so we had to pay 100bt entrance pp. A bottle of whiskey was almost 800bt and another 400 both for 3 cola, 3 soda and a bucket of ice.

We also had some finger food. 3 plates, fish, beef an pork. And because I hadn't eaten for at least 8 hours, I ordered some fried rice too. This was another 400bt in total.

Big positive was the loudness (or lack thereof) of the music. Tamnan kon E-san is too loud. There were plenty of gays. I did notice that there were more ladyboys than I'm used to see in Tamnan.

Important, they check ID at the door. Never seen this at Tamnan. This would mean that your 18 or 19-year-old date would not be able to enter. The youngest in my group was 21 so I didn't have to try to slip someone any bt.

I will not judge this place until i visited a couple of times more. I'm a big fan of Tamnan. I even have my favorite table where I sit if possible. I know the menu and know many people, so it wouldn't be fair to compare just yet. Going there alone one night should tell me more.

5. 3 Users gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (December 12th, 2017), colmx (December 13th, 2017), joe552 (December 12th, 2017)

Liked

I had the misfortune of going there twice (in tow of a Farang friend who likes to go to disco). In both cases, we arrived early (around midnight) and I left early (around 1 am) as there was nothing to gain for and even worse, smoking on both occasions close enough so I could smell it.

Sinlapin Esan 2dec2017 00:30

IMG_0115.jpg

Report about my first visit 10nov2017 here:
    http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/201...10nov2017.html

Liked

Christian: Going to a disco at midnight and leaving at 1am is akin to going to a Gogo bar at 19.00 and leaving at 20.00.

I.e. there would be no boys in either location at those times.

After 01.15 is when the pattyaya discos start to fill up... As soon as the boys of BT, JC and Sunee finish work and get their party clothes on

8. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (December 13th, 2017)

Liked

I am aware of that. But there might be non-commercial boys in the disco around midnight. Anyway, I'm not a disco person and those trips were just to have a look without any expectations (and only because a Farang friend invited me), and the smoking alone is a reason not go to again.

Finally, I rather off the boy from the bar around 10 pm and have my well-deserved sleep at midnight; than hunting boys in the disco at 2 or 3 am, where I would have to pay for them the same, but the light is poor and they are not in underwear.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    I rather off the boy from the bar around 10 pm and have my well-deserved sleep at midnight;.
    God you must be a real barrel of fun on a night out.

11. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (December 15th, 2017), frequent (December 15th, 2017), joe552 (December 15th, 2017)

Liked

ColmX
    Thanks for the map.
    Easy to locate.
    Now all I need is the get-up-and go-ness to get down there...and the money to stay there of course

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    I had the misfortune of going there twice (in tow of a Farang friend who likes to go to disco). In both cases, we arrived early (around midnight) and I left early (around 1 am) as there was nothing to gain for and even worse, smoking on both occasions close enough so I could smell it.

Sinlapin Esan 2dec2017 00:30
    Great clear photo of the venue interior christianpfc. As I'm due in town in a few days just wonder if any members have visited recently for an update on the place.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I went this week, after bars closed, so about 2am. Third visit. Full but we got a table. I’ve not witnessed any smoking inside at all. In fact there are signs saying No Smoking and the Thais seems to obey.
    Closes at 4 am.
    Cheaper than the two other places ( ton man Isann and Ton man shun (spelling)...
    Recommended,but don’t go too early or it will be empty.