Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Superstar Esan Club 3rd Rd near Sunee

Liked

Re: Superstar Esan Club 3rd Rd near Sunee

AFAIK Silapin Isan (At least that how I think its spelled) was raided on Tue night by the BIB, they found patrons under 20 onsite and that they were still open at 4.30
    Cant find the news article about it now, but it was all over Facebook.

Apparently its not the first time that the BIB have had to "admonish" them

My guess is that they have been shut for a while?
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    AFAIK Silapin Isan (At least that how I think its spelled) was raided on Tue night by the BIB, they found patrons under 20 onsite and that they were still open at 4.30 Cant find the news article about it now, but it was all over Facebook. Apparently its not the first time that the BIB have had to "admonish" them My guess is that they have been shut for a while?
    Thanks colmx. That's actually what prompted me to bump this thread. I noticed various references to what I thought was this venue on one or two facebook profiles but couldn't dig up any English translations to confirm. Was hoping there would be no mention of it being closed for a period of time. Thanks also to gerefan2 for update.

Liked

one thing for sure is that they have completely annihilated Tum Nan Khon Isan's business
    We went there one night after Hollywood and there were only 4 tables of customers at 2am, when we got to Silapin it was over half full... so I have no doubt that the convenience of the location has attracted the crowds

Liked

one thing for sure is that they have completely annihilated Tum Nan Khon Isan's business
    We went there one night after Hollywood and there were only 4 tables of customers at 2am, when we got to Silapin it was over half full... so I have no doubt that the convenience of the location has attracted the crowds
    Isn't that a coincidence, TNI annihilated and then increased in 'raids' on Silapin, their closest rival and the business responsible for their downturn in takings. Well it is Pattaya an goodness knows which 'local businessman' owns/runs which business here.

But it's a pity if it is Silapin who is directly responsible as you would have thought a city the size of Pattaya could support two of these venues, which do have a mixed clientele so not only the gay element in play, as TNI has been a stalwart over so many years. I've never visited TNI where it's been less than half-full so only a handful of tables occupied is a bit of a shock, and if that's during the 'busier' time of year that's a bit concerning. Like some here I know quite a few of the staff at TNI including a couple of the musicians there so I hope trade picks up again.

I would still go to TNI as, like you, we are sometimes at the 'other end' of town and it's a great place to finish off the night, but not if there's no atmosphere. But as you say the convenient location for the BT, Sunee part of town, even from Jomtien is too good to pass up and certainly one of the reasons I was looking forward to visiting Silapin.

Anyone else with recent experiences of Tam Nan Issan to see if there's a pattern?

P.S. Colmx. Did you make it to 'Mask' club during your visit to Pattaya? or is it even still open.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

AFAIK Silapin Isan (At least that how I think its spelled) was raided on Tue night by the BIB, they found patrons under 20 onsite and that they were still open at 4.30
    Cant find the news article about it now, but it was all over Facebook.

Apparently its not the first time that the BIB have had to "admonish" them

My guess is that they have been shut for a while?
    Well if they were shut down it can only have been for 2nights.

I have just been there to check (Thursday 11pm thai time) and post on here. There was hardly any customers there yet, as you would expect at 11oclock, so I spoke to one of the many security guys outside and he assured me it is open. All lights were on and music could be heard but I didn’t go in.

So enjoy new Alan...

By the way TMI was raided last time I was in there about 6 months ago and we were all pee tested. So these raids aren’t uncommon nowadays.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post
    P.S. Colmx. Did you make it to 'Mask' club during your visit to Pattaya? or is it even still open.
    The Mask is closed already
    I met Night (old Dave manager that started Mask) and he is now back working at Muze in its new location in Avenue Mall
    He says that his boss in Muze is planning to open a gay club in the Avenue (think I saw a post on FB that it was going to be called Infinity)... but I think its some way off opening yet

Liked

The Facebook link to Sinlapin Esarn. Good if you can read Thai or translate but plenty of photos including a post showing a packed club on January 10. My Thai friend was there on Jan 26 at 3.00 am before it was closed down. The bar staff and others that i know at Jomtiem Complex and Sunee only want to go to Sinlapin club in recent months.

https://www.facebook.com/SinlapinEsarn/

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by aussie_ View Post
    My Thai friend was there on Jan 26 at 3.00 am before it was closed down.
    It was def open last night ........see my post above...which should have read Friday, not Thursday.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    I had the misfortune of going there twice (in tow of a Farang friend who likes to go to disco). In both cases, we arrived early (around midnight) and I left early (around 1 am) as there was nothing to gain for and even worse, smoking on both occasions close enough so I could smell it.
    On a recent Pattaya visit Fr19jan2018 I went again (despite two poor previous visits), and this time it was later (from 1 am on, I didn't feel tired), and there was no smoking inside, and I had quite a good time (a bit of alcohol was involved, I have never been tipsy that early in a year, where will that end?), almost hooked up. Left around 4 am when it was still busy.

Liked

christian, how can you "almost" hook up? You either did or didn't.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.