Thread: Liar Len

Liked

Re: Liar Len

All tickety-boo now, as you can see

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    "Moderators are immune"

Excellent - that's just the kind of even-handedness the forum needed.

If i was Catholic I'd light a candle at this point, say a few rosaries and count my blessings - but as a "heathen" as my old Irish great granny used to say, I can think of no equivalent gesture I can make.
    Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Yes but the Vatican and indeed the entire Catholic Church is the same sort of authoritarian set-up as the Kremlin and the Russian government or Pyongyang and the Kims, or SGT, or what the Trump White House hopes for with "fake news"

It is how this forum being developed by American programmers...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VBulletin
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Brands
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes but as my wise old mother used to tell me “just because someone tells you to stick you hand in a fire doesn’t mean you have to do it” - and Im guessing the same can be said for software tweaks.

I mean what you don’t think that one owner, three moderators and a robot is a touch of ever so slight over kill to “moderate” around probably no more that 15-20 old guys who’ve all been talking to or at each other on here for many many years already?

Actually the smart move could in fact be to make SG a mod too as then of course neither he nor Arsenal could bitch at each other as they’d both be fellow mods AND it would get him off your back too as of course he wouldn’t feel that he could disagree pulically or otherwise with the owner of the very board that he helps moderate !!

So, hey if you’re up for trying out new things there’s a constructive suggestion for you ! Hell it can’t be any worse than having your mod and one of your members bitching at each other online every single day it appears as things currently stand - the only difference between then being that one member can get booted for doing that whereas the other apparently can’t, which even you would have to have to seem a bit unfair to most right thinking people I would imagine.

So, there you go, dont say I didn't try to help.
    Last edited by Nirish guy; December 5th, 2017 at 18:18.

4. User who gave Like to post:

Moses (December 5th, 2017)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Thanks for the explanation of how the robots work. Isn’t new technology wonderful!

It seems from the absence in your answer that there was no advice to the posters of such a system being implemented. When did it start being applied?

My question of how "infraction points" are allocated remains unanswered. So do individual moderators act alone? Do they decide individually how many points any infraction warrants? Or is there a set tariff, like your driving license scenario of failing to stop at red lights or speeding receiving a set number of points?

The equivalence of reckless driving and reckless posting is an interesting concept.

Rumour has it that some moderators are penalising posters and hiding comments that are apposite, in case another moderator might be offended!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    My question of how "infraction points" are allocated remains unanswered. So do individual moderators act alone? Do they decide individually how many points any infraction warrants? Or is there a set tariff, like your driving license scenario of failing to stop at red lights or speeding receiving a set number of points?
    No, points are predefined; examples:
    - spam/advertising without my permission: 8 points
    - insulting other member 3 points
    - public moderation case discussion - 5 points

Moderator just have to chose what rule been breached, rest will be on infraction system. It also forces moderator to left explanation to member. Member receives receipt of infraction with explanation to his PM box.

By the way: it is not possible for moderator to give infraction un-noticeable - after each infraction robot sends report to special hidden sub-forum with remarks: who gives, who receives, for what, what been explained to user, and how many points. This forum is visible to all moderators and admins and we discuss each case.

infractions.gif
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

So let me get this right....we have an owner, three moderators, a robot, AND a special hidden sub forum...anything else we should know about?

This thread has got a long way to go!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    a robot, AND a special hidden sub forum.
    you are slow...

subforum for moderators been mentioned many times when we spoke about moderation,

"robot"? no, not a robot, but robotS - they do over 80% moderation routine - killing spam posts (10-12 daily), killing spammers at time of their registration (100-150 attempts daily), watching for clones/hydras and ban them (mostly, sometimes if have doubts - report to me for decision), watching suspicion activity like hacking site/forum or hijacking member's accounts (500-600 daily for site/forum, 5-7 daily for membership accounts).

It is how looks statistic from robots:

robreport.gif

9. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (December 13th, 2017)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Thanks Moses

Liked

You make it all sound very reasonable Moses - except it isn't - but of course I'm not allowed to discuss any details which might explain why I don't think it's all as reasonable as you make it sound, as that would constitute another "offence"

Maybe I'm not even allowed to discuss that I'm not allowed to discuss things - see how ridiculous it gets - oh well I guess I'll find out shortly.

Would the last person to leave please remember to turn off the lights.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    No, points are predefined; examples: - insulting other member 3 points. Moderator just have to chose what rule been breached,]
    Hmm ok, right well in that case - "All the members of this site are wankers !"

There, that should keep you and your moderating team busy foere a while, so, was that an insult - and if so many many insults as directed at ALL the members here - OR was it just a plain and simple statement of fact !?? :-)

There, that'll give you somehting to occupy yourselves so you dont have to waste any further time on your silly penaty point system for people "insulting other members", hell like it or lump it but this board has been built on that very thing half times. Tell me are you SURE you cant give yourself points for insulting other members.....intelligence perhaps by prosposing such an idiotic scheme on here in the first place ?

I think you're taking this wee message board thing WAY too seriously perhaps Moses, it's a load of old guys talking about sex and loving Asia ( or not) nothing more.