FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Venue V Ambiance?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: The Venue V Ambiance?

ambiamce is fine if u like boyztown/sunee...and want to drag MB back to your room...during the day the immediate neighbourhood has that slum look about it ..and local beach is a shit hole..literally speaking.
    I prefer to stay on jomtien beach front..preferably short stroll to the gay dongtan beach...still has that holiday sea side feel about it...and just baht bus into pattaya...and via grindr lotsa arse available..

Liked

The Ambiance is good enough for a short stay. Get a room at the back, as it's quieter.

I always ask for a room on the first floor because the hotel is a fire-trap. If a fire were to break out and you were on an upper floor, you'd never escape in the dark, as it's a bit of a maze.

Liked

Dunno why any of you wanna stay in a gay ghetto. Jomtien has been the buzziest gay area for about 3/4 years now so it's well known to regular visitors.

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Moses (December 2nd, 2017), paborn (June 6th, 2018)

Liked

It's simple. One of the attractions for me in 1995 was precisely that. For the first time in my life I felt at home among like-minded people....not "friends" but passers-by and temporary neighbours who shared my interests. Straights have enjoyed that sense of belonging all their lives; it was new to me.
    Furthermore, in those days, the ages and even the backgrounds of many of the falangs reflected mine. I met some who, like me, had lived closeted, straight lives and at a late stage of our lives had discovered a sense of freedom.
    I'm sorry if this sounds pretentious but for me, and for others, Boyztown opened a new and welcome chapter in our lives, the opportunity to be in a place for people like us.

6. 4 Users gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (December 2nd, 2017), joe552 (December 2nd, 2017), poshglasgow (December 2nd, 2017), searcher (December 5th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Boyztown opened a new and welcome chapter in our lives, the opportunity to be in a place for people like us.
    now it is just big overpriced circus, zoo and money trap for hordes of Chinese touristic groups
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

8. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (December 13th, 2017)

Liked

A lovely post, Oliver, and one that will touch a sympathetic nerve, for, many of us have endured a similar course through life.

Liked

Finally made a decision and have settled for the Venue. I've never stayed on Jomtien, despite the fact that I have been visiting Thailand for 24 years. I am hoping the Jomtien Complex proves a fun place. I've heard that there is a fine bar, with attractive staff, in the complex operated by a very friendly fellow Scotsman. Not sure what the name of the bar is though.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    Finally made a decision and have settled for the Venue. I've never stayed on Jomtien, despite the fact that I have been visiting Thailand for 24 years. I am hoping the Jomtien Complex proves a fun place. I've heard that there is a fine bar, with attractive staff, in the complex operated by a very friendly fellow Scotsman. Not sure what the name of the bar is though.
    Over the last few years I have taken to starting Thailand visits in Jomtien, it's usually just a few days but I really enjoy the atmosphere around the Complex. Later during the trip we come back to Pattaya again and stay at Mosaik in South Pattaya, so I do find enjoyment in both areas. I think the bar you refer to in the Complex might be @Home bar which I believe has expanded recently.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post
    Over the last few years I have taken to starting Thailand visits in Jomtien, it's usually just a few days but I really enjoy the atmosphere around the Complex. Later during the trip we come back to Pattaya again and stay at Mosaik in South Pattaya, so I do find enjoyment in both areas. I think the bar you refer to in the Complex might be @Home bar which I believe has expanded recently.
    Yes, indeed, it is the Home Bar. Many thanks. The boys in the pics on their website wearing kilts confirmed it. I think I'm right in saying that the owner has opened a bar in Siem Reap. I will certainly pay i the Home Bar a visit at Christmas.

Liked

It may, and if not certainly should be called See You Jimmy's - but maybe that will have to wait until I open up my place.

There's a history of Scottish Jimmys in Pattaya but the most famous one is more Danny La Rue than Russ Abbot.

And that's a compliment btw

14. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (December 4th, 2017)