Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Venue V Ambiance?

Liked

The Venue V Ambiance?

Despite having visited Pattaya for many years, I have never visited Jomtien Complex in the evening. I have read some excellent reports of the hosts who frequent the bars there. As some members have pointed out, however, you cannot 'inspect the goods' as easily as you can in a go-go bar. That may be a problem.

I like the convenience of staying in the Ambiance, and the buzz, but there are few facilities to entice you to spend any time in the Ambiance other than to sleep. The rooms are a tad dreary and dark. The Venue, on the other hand, seems to be a brighter, more vibrant place. My fear is that, being a creature of habit, I will book into Venue and almost immediately regret is, unless, of course, I find Jomtien Complex full of twinky opportunities! Has anyone been faced with a similar choice? How did it work out? Did the Complex live up to your expectations? How do drink prices in the host bars compare with the go-go bars of BT and Sunee? Thanks.

Liked

Re: The Venue V Ambiance?

The host bars in Jomtien Complex average about 110 Baht which is similar to Sunee host bars. Host bars in Boyztown are in 150 Baht range. In Sunee the prices in the go go bars range from 100 to 180 Baht. In Boyztown the go go bar prices are about 180 Baht and up.

Liked

We (about four of us) were thinking along the same lines several years ago and took a look at the rooms at The Venue in anticipation of staying there next trip, but we ultimately decided against it because we preferred the greater variety of nightlife, bars etc in BT and Sunee at that time.

It's something I (the other 3 are dead now!) would at least reconsider for my next trip, because I'm hearing that Jomtien now has more to offer than before.

Liked

Minimee, Minimee, wake up. Scottish-guy is posting about Thailand again.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

5. User who gave Like to post:

scottish-guy (December 2nd, 2017)

Liked

If I will choose btw Ambiance and Venue then I will choose... Agate... it is just in 100 meters from Venue, but it isn't in the middle of the noise...
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

I stayed in a room at the Venue a few weeks ago. It was fine as a basic room at a low price with helpful staff.

Liked

Many thanks for the help, gents. I will eventually make up my mind but I sense I'll stay with what is most familiar: BT.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

geee....some people are so adventurous...

Liked

Well, latink, I'm staying in a different apartment block this time. Is that ok?
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

PoshGlasgow is flying over 12000 miles there and back - that's adventurous enough!