Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Sex drugs and Bitcoin

Banned
    Liked

Re: Sex drugs and Bitcoin

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Or in other words, "I have no fucken idea what I'm talking about". Got it.

If you want to imply you have a better understanding of the technicalities of bitcoin, I dare you to challenge me.
    Surely you realize by now I regard you as a joke?

Liked

And surely you realize by now you're making yourself look like a joke, right?

Again, if you're going to say the security of my bitcoin is just a mirage, then back it up with an argument.

Banned
    Liked

And surely you realize by now you're making yourself look like a joke, right?.
    Oh god I hope everyone thinks like that. I’d hate to be taken seriously - where’s the fun in that?

Liked

Best for him to wait until Vientiane, when we have a nice house, proper Western kitchen, etc. If I'm really lucky, and get my way, even a swimming pool in the backyard.
    ..........all paid for with Bitcoin?

5. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (December 15th, 2017)

Liked

No, because there is no single point of failure within the bitcoin network. The processing network is distributed across tens of thousands of computers / servers across the world.
    I was rather thinking of a failure of communication or electricity network. A simple power outage, and you can't access your funds, be it online banking or bitcoin! I would not put or keep all my money in bitcoin, I spread it over several banks (through work and holiday even in several countries) and keep a lot of cash.

General note: is there anything man-made that never failed? Ships sink, aircraft crash, programs malfunction, nuclear power stations get out of control, and so on. Do you remember the Titanic? Unsinkable! The Enigma code? Unbreakable!

As long as you keep that private key, then that money is probably far more secure than in a traditional bank account. Nobody can touch it -- not any bank, government, nothing. It's yours.
    I would not rely on that. Even the Swiss were forced to stop anonymous bank accounts [citation needed].

Liked

If I ever end up living somewhere without electricty / internet for a prolonged period, then gaining access to my bitcoin will probably be the least of my worries. Same as how do you pull out cash from a ATM if there's no electricity?

And there's no central authority who regulates bitcoin, hence no one to complain to or pressure to "open the books" like they did Swiss accounts. Years ago nearly every government in the world setup a committee to investigate how to regulate bitcoin, and they all came to the same conclusion -- they can't. Nobody even knows who invented bitcoin, but there's theories abound. Personally, I'm going with the NSA, but who knows.

Besides, the books are open. For example, http://blockchain.info/ -- every transaction ever made is there for your viewing pleasure.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post
    You should have quoted my entire post to give it context
    There is no need for context. Either you're the sort of person who hopes for the worst for people or you're not. It's binary. The object of your ill-favour is irrelevant. Yours is the mentality that leads inexorably to the lynch mob

9. User who gave Like to post:

Surfcrest (December 23rd, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    There is no need for context. Either you're the sort of person who hopes for the worst for people or you're not. It's binary. The object of your ill-favour is irrelevant. Yours is the mentality that leads inexorably to the lynch mob
    Right, here's the whole bit. And I still have no idea what you're talking about. Can you find one other example of me hoping for the worst for people? No. You neglected to give examples of the history you claimed to have seen in my posts.

Thinking about it, where did the thief known as bruce_nyc go? I miss him telling me how wrong I am about bitcoin, and how everyone should trust their money with AirBitz.

I replied to Matt's reference to bruce: His "poly-amorous" relations with men in New York were laughable. When he tried to replicate that in Thailand, it was positively inhumane, as he attracted and then discarded several young men before planning to bring a Burmese youth to the US as his fiance. For the boy's sake I hope that never happened. I'm sure the required marriage within 90 days of arrival in the US would never have materialized and the youth would be left floundering with no legal means to remain in America. Hopefully, bruce is now spending his time as a fugitive of some sort.

11. User who gave Like to post:

francois (December 16th, 2017)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post
    I still have no idea what you're talking about.
    Excellent

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Did the memory loss accompany the blindness? As I recall Surfcrest banned him for promoting his own, rival, forum here
    No, bruce_nyc was banned because of the bitcoin thing.Once you have a community of people together and someone infects them with an idea to make money, that actually turns into losing money...that just smelled of liability. Of course, had we taken his advice back then...

Having said that, I see he's still a member now that this current software reactivated him when we upgraded a while back.

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...l=1#post201183

There are some good chuckles later on in this thread, between guest = kommentariat = frequent and I, for memory sake!