List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ko Samui - How to get there and what to do?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Ko Samui - How to get there and what to do?

Koh Samui has one advantage over Phuket et al; its location means that its climate is different, resulting in the June-September months being less wet.

Liked

Bangkok Airways, as already mentioned, is ridiculously expensive as they own/control the airport. From here in Chiang Mai, I fly direct to Surat Thani on AirAsia for a fraction of the Bangkok Airways price and at a more convenient time. From Bangkok you have more options to Surat and it's cheaper. (By buying during a seat sale the return flight CNX-SRT-CNX cost a shade under Bht1800) Picked up a rental car and spent the night near Don Sak, before taking the ferry the following morning. The outbound ferry was a standard RoRo, but the return was a side-loading ferry.... different.

Liked

As others have pointed out... Some would go stir crazy on Ko Samui after 10 days
    My first trip was 2 nights solo, second was 3 nights with BF... He has officially banned us from going back there!
    Why not Spend the first 5 days with your friend and her son on Samui, and then fly over to Phuket for the next 5?

I note that the Akwa Guesthouse on Chaweng/Samui has closed down.... good riddance!
    We booked there after advice on this forum and ended up moving out and forfeiting our prepaid rooms 6-7 hours after checking in!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!