Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Breakfast

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    2 eggs for me, and mushrooms. I plan to add crispy bacon tomorrow.
    You see, one day parmesan and the next day crispy bacon ! This is exactly what I'm talking about ! Get those damned work houses opened again, bloody dole receivers living better than the rest of us as usual, there's me with a year old block of mouldy cheese for christmas and poor Bob having to put jam in his omelette as he can't even afford the mouldy cheese perhaps and meanwhile there's rockerfella Joe there with Parmesan AND crispy bacon no less ! I tell ya, things are going to change when I get into power, Donald Trump is going to look like Christ himself compared to me ! Vote N.Irish guy - to make your Country great again ! ! :-)

You see, and THAT is exactly how cunts like Trump get into power stoking up the masses against the "why should we let them have more than you brigade - you see Joe, so it's all YOUR fault that Trump is President - you and people like you with your parmesan AND bloody CRISPY bacon ! It's ALL down to YOU, I hope your happy now ! :-)

2. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (December 1st, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    .... bloody dole receivers....
    Well, in Glasgow if you are unemployed you are known as being "on the Buroo" (which I have always assumed is a corruption of "bureau") - and those who are on the Buroo are affectionately known as "Buroo cunts"

I think you should adopt this term in favour of "bloody dole receivers" - it's far more colourful, like your good self

Forum's veteran
    Liked

bob put jam in it - same thing
    I admit that jam in an omelette must be an exclusively American preparation. Never heard of it or saw it elsewhere.

Liked

It's well known that in extreme circumstances (like your tube of KY runs out) that jam can be used as a personal lubricant.

Just avoid the raspberry stuff - if you get one of the seeds down your jap's eye you'll know all about it

6. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

NIrish, a slight over-reaction if I may say so.

And speaking of bob's jammy omelette, what say you about pancakes and maple syrup for breakfast? I love it when I've been to Canadia. Even better with some of that crispy bacon NIrish can't afford.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    It's well known that in extreme circumstances (like your tube of KY runs out) that jam can be used as a personal lubricant. Just avoid the raspberry stuff - if you get one of the seeds down your jap's eye you'll know all about it
    Good point, SG. Then I would recommend Tesco Seedless Raspberry Jam 454G €0.89 in ROI, £ 0.75 in the UK.

Liked

Well Tesco's motto is "Every Little Helps" - seems entirely apposite

10. User who gave Like to post:

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    It's well known that in extreme circumstances (like your tube of KY runs out) that jam can be used as a personal lubricant.
    I can recommend marmalade

Forum's veteran
    Liked

NIrish, a slight over-reaction if I may say so. And speaking of bob's jammy omelette, what say you about pancakes and maple syrup for breakfast? I love it when I've been to Canadia. Even better with some of that crispy bacon NIrish can't afford.
    Nirish does tend to get carried away.

As a frequent visitor to Tesco websites, I have noticed pre-made pancakes, with instructions to put them under the grill for a couple of minutes. Never tried them, have no idea if they are as satisfying as freshly made pancakes.

Tesco Golden Syrup 700G €1.99 or Tesco Pure Canadian Maple Syrup 250G €4.19
    Kerrygold Butter 227G €2.09
    Odlums Pancake Mix 500G €1.79 (Simply add milk & eggs)

Canadian syrup is expensive everywhere outside Canada, but I spoil myself and use it every time I make pancakes. I just use a small amount as it's quite sweet.
    Can't find Kerrygold in my supermarket, so I use New Zealand butter (Anchor)
    Odlums is the only pancake mix I see on Tesco, other places may offer more varieties.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by FarangRuMak View Post
    Regarding a different thing entirely, do you guys make a 2 egg or a 3 egg Omlette and what ingredients do you add?
    more importantly what size egg - on the Thai 0,1, 2 egg size scale

these days I usually make a 6 egg (1) frittata with spinach, mushrooms, ham/bacon/chorizo, grated cheddar, cream and keep half to have cold the next day - even more delicious then fresh out of the pan!

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post
    I admit that jam in an omelette must be an exclusively American preparation.
    Americans would have jam with anything - peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, give me a break!

bkkguy