Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Restaurants near BT and Sunee

Liked

Re: Restaurants near BT and Sunee

One of my worst meals ever, anywhere, was at one of those restaurants mentioned by poshglasgow.

The main course - lobster - was the smallest I've ever seen. It had been thawed out and so was mushy and tasteless.

Dessent was supposed to be a chocolate soufflé but it turned out to be a stale chocolate muffin served with a dollop of cream and surrounded by "artistic" splotches of raspberry sauce. Yuk!

It just goes to show that restaurant reviews are often too personal to be is any real use - a bit like describing guys as being handsome, I guess.

Mind you, it was a while ago so maybe they have lifted their game.

Banned
    Liked

“The main course - lobster - “

I’ve always thought crabs to be the biggest danger in Pattaya

Liked

When Neal owned this board he would often go to war with restaurants as well as people. He went loopy at Bordeaux because his Chateaubriand wasn't served correctly and also launched an attack on Monty over some soup. He was a character though and I have to say, always very pleasant to me both here and in his bar. As were his boys for that matter.

Liked

I only went to his bar once. He wasn't there. The music was far too loud, so I had one drink and left.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

I went a few times (in disguise of course) and the last time I visited I swear one of the boys on stage was the double of of Stan Laurel

I posted about it at the time (March 2011) and told him he was missing a trick as all he had to do was dress up as Oliver Hardy (which wouldn't be difficult) and they'd have the best novelty act in BT.

He wasn't amused.

stan.jpg

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (December 12th, 2017), Smiles (December 5th, 2017)

Liked

We'd sit outside chatting while I'd drink my beer as he usually are some huge meal. We talked about Pattaya and he loved to gossip about the board members. Then he'd send me pms with updates.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    When Neal owned this board he would often go to war with restaurants as well as people. He went loopy at Bordeaux because his Chateaubriand wasn't served correctly and also launched an attack on Monty over some soup. He was a character though and I have to say, always very pleasant to me both here and in his bar. As were his boys for that matter.
    In fairness he had a point with regards to Monty's soup.
    Though it looked good, smelled good and tasted unique it would have killed the "five thousand not counting women an children" had Monty turned up with it to that biblical gathering.

Liked

Perhaps Monty's soup was an assassination attempt. With the exception of Surfcrest, those who crossed Neal always ended up the loser.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pennyboy View Post
    I had roast lamb dinner at Palmers Soi 13/4 yesterday and it was very good. Available along with beef ,pork or chicken on Sundays. Sadly the cashier of a few years ago is no longer to be seen.
    I mostly eat Thai food even on the Pattaya leg of our Thailand visit (and even after the Issan rice, rice and rice visit) as bf enjoys cooking, knows what I don't like and manages plenty of variety....but I still crave western food 2-3 times a week either as breakfast or evening meal. Palmers in it's old building used to be my go-to for the cravings, but since I discovered Deli Diner close to Mosaik I don't really bother going anywhere else now for western fare. As 'arsenal' says the food is always delicious and (although not a reason in itself to return) is very reasonably priced. The breakfast is a good example where the food is actually under priced for what you get in my opinion, but I realise they are just matching the competition. It's actually too much for me and I just take a couple items off the main breakfast menu, which are also very reasonable. Even though I don't eat there every day, I do have their coffee virtually every day as the Americano served is perfect for my taste.

So in between BT and Sunee I'm with 'aresenal' on Deli Diner as a recommendation.

11. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (December 5th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Perhaps Monty's soup was an assassination attempt. With the exception of Surfcrest, those who crossed Neal always ended up the loser.
    Really?

I "crossed him" enough to have legal threats, threats of bodily harm, threats of arrest at the Airport, and death threats.

Despite this, (and as far as I'm aware) I'm alive and he's dead, so I seem to have won that one.

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (December 5th, 2017), frequent (December 5th, 2017)