Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: qatar flies to pattaya

Liked

qatar flies to pattaya

Not sure if its been posted on here , but wef from jan Qatar are going to fly direct to pattaya 4 times aweek

Liked

Re: qatar flies to pattaya

As a certain poster will tell you I have never visited Thailand (or not for 20/15/10/5yrs depending on how he feels) - but I will be sure to check out the fares for the new destination as I flew with Qatar from Edinburgh to Saigon just in Aug/September and they were perfectly ok.

I once flew into U Tapao with Bangkok Airways from Chiang Mai (having never been in Thailand that was quite a feat as you can imagine) - from memory the journey distance to Pattaya was cut by about 2/3rds but the taxi fare certainly wasn't

Liked

They fly from Dublin, so this would be worth investigating. Thanks for the information.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    - from memory the journey distance to Pattaya was cut by about 2/3rds but the taxi fare certainly wasn't
    I too have flown into U Tapau many times and got a taxis back to Pattaya. About 35 minutes compared with 1.30 to Swampy. The other advantage is that you can be in and out in minutes as it is very quiet.

About the fare...I queried it with the Taxi companies and got the reply...”not same same”.
    I assume they meant that they were unlikely to have a punter for the return journey. I just let it go.

One problem with that flight will be Russians. It is aimed at that market.

I’m sure you will get on just fine with them Scot, don’t they very similar interests?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    ....One problem with that flight will be Russians. It is aimed at that market....
    Just one slight flaw in their marketing strategy then - they don't not appear to operate any flights from or to Russia.

Unless their route map is wrong the nearest countries they fly to are Azerbaijan and Armenia (Baku and Yerevan)

Liked

Just one slight flaw in their marketing strategy then - they don't not appear to operate any flights from or to Russia.

Unless their route map is wrong the nearest countries they fly to are Azerbaijan and Armenia (Baku and Yerevan)
    HI Scottish ,, i just did a quick check on qatar webb site , and they fly from Moscow every day , so not sure where u looked , did not check st petersberg

Liked

Hi AOT

I looked at their route map (below) and I don't know if I overlooked it because they've run the word "Copenhagen" slightly into "Moscow" but I should still have noticed it. Thanks for pointing it out and apologies to Gerefan

route-map.jpg

Liked

Qatar has up to 8 flights daily from Russia, and they have very aggressive marketing here: round trip Moscow - Bangkok cost only USD 400 - 420

Also they started advertising Moscow - Pattaya (U-Topao) and Sankt-Petersburg -Pattaya in Russia already: http://www.qatarairways.com/ru/ru/of...o-pattaya.page

From December 12 Qatar has flights to Chiang Mai from Moscow and S-Pb with price USD 390 for round trip

Full list of cities Thailand available for flight with Qatar from Russia:
    - Bangkok
    - Pattaya
    - Phuket
    - Chiang Mai
    - Krabi

also they advertise Samui, Hat Yai, Lampang, Trat, Chiang Rai and Sukhotai in cooperation with Bangkok Airways
    http://www.qatarairways.com/ru/ru/of...-thailand.page
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

OMFG - I already said sorry

Surprised Len hasn't edited or deleted (same thing remember) my post for being "untruthful"

10. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (November 24th, 2017)

Liked

As to the OP, I flew Qatar via Manchester, and found them equivalent to Etihad or Emirates. Only downside for me was Doha airport. Perhaps it's improved in recent times?
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.