List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Years celebation in BKK or Pattaya?

Liked

New Years celebation in BKK or Pattaya?

This will be my first time to be in Thailand for New Years. So do you recommend Soi Twilight or Pattaya? I like them both equally and usually stay in Jomptien after just a few nights in BKK. But will be looking for upbeat good New Years celebration and guys having fun. Any thoughts?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: New Years celebation in BKK or Pattaya?

Soi Twilight bit small compared to Jomtien, Sunnee and Boyztown. No doubt Soi 4 will be chocker.
    So for me it is def Pattaya.

Liked

I have always found countdown in Pattaya to be a bit of a damp squib... but it's still preferable to spending it at home in Ireland!

They normally close beach road on NYE for the fireworks... and have a big party in Bali Hai...
    Last year there was no Countdown festival at all due to the mourning period, but I presume it will be back this year... So you can base yourself in BT and then stroll down to beach road for the actual countdown...

There was a Morlam (Issan concert) on 3rd road last year...which a lot of the boys went to... not sure if there will be one again this year on NYE - again it was a bit subdued last year due to the mourning... but if it's on again this year should be a good night!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Plus everyone does the lighting the lanterns thing on the so called beach in Pattaya which is always nice to watch / take part in when strolling down from Boystown with a friend ( even though those lanterns are very un PC now almost everywhere in the worl ( just no one appears to have mentioned that to the Thai's yet it seems or should I say they've worked out you can still make money selling them to farang so screw the environment basically......)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Whilst I agree with your Thai/farang money sentiments, I thought he problem with the lanterns was the fires they sometimes start when they land.
    Can’t believe a tiny candle can really harm the atmosphere...maybe I need to ask a tree hugger!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Apparently the issue is also to do with them impacting quite heavily on wildlife in that animals can get and do trapped or injured or frightened by them and the metal rings ( which don't biodegrade of course) can end up in the animal feed, plus of course there's the fire risk too in that they can and do start wild fires and thing apparently ( although like you I'd of thought the very reason that they'd land in the first place was because the candle had burnt itself out perhaps, but apparently not it seems.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environ...-a6889301.html

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx
    They normally close beach road on NYE for the fireworks... and have a big party in Bali Hai...
    All very well, but if you have a tendency toward a mild claustrophobia (as I have, and enjoy) my advice would be to run away. I can handle the mash for awhile, but sooner or later I tend toward retreating to a dark corner and assume the fetal position.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Oh Smiles. No I mean you missed out the o in foetal.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Fetal in North America; foetal in UK.

10. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 22nd, 2017)

Liked

I don't live in either.

My own view is that you have the right companion, the location becomes less important
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

12. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 23rd, 2017)