Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snookered in Hua Him...

Liked

Re: Snookered in Hua Him...

I don't lay pool but can now see the attraction - shirtless boys or boys in their underwear. What's not to like? I once beat my boss 3-2, even though he was a player. He was miffed, to put it mildly.

So, as to the etiquette. If you let them win (not hard in my case) does that reduce the tip required?
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Which opens up the question of does anyone actually know IS it against the rules in Pool to INTENTIONALLY "snooker" someone, as I too wouldn't be adverse to such dirty tactics when up against it ( i.e. most times I ever play!) but have been lamblasted on more than one occassion by pool players who profess to know the actual rules of the game who claim it's "not on" - so, does anyone actually KNOW per chance, is that an illegal move or not ??
    Mine are compete accidents of course! such luck.... even if legal possibly not 'in the spirit of the game' but often it's the only chance in hell I have...so accidents do happen.

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

joe552 (November 22nd, 2017), Nirish guy (November 22nd, 2017)

Liked

" ... Which opens up the question of does anyone actually know IS it against the rules in Pool to INTENTIONALLY "snooker" someone ... "

Absolutely OK to 'snooker' an opponent in pool. There is a significant difference however between a snooker move in pool and a snooker move in snooker the game.

In snooker (the game) you can snooker your opponent in any way you want. The more difficult your snooker move to your opponent, the better. In snooker (the game) there is a great deal of admiration for a successful snooker shot.

In pool you can certainly attempt to snooker your opponent, but in your snooker shot itself you must hit the rag at least once with any one of the balls in play. In pool many rookie players look down on getting intentionly snookered, but they don't know the rules. Some get angry and think you are a cheat.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Oh, and here we go again. Smiles making up absolutely ridiculous stories about his fantasy life in Hua Hin with his husband Pot. When will people stop believing him, and come to terms that he's just a lieing troll?

Just kidding Smiles. Nice post, and thanks for the story. Gave me a chuckle.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Well now, if he starts posting ridiculous stories about doing very well and getting paid for years in Bitcoins, but then being really poor and having no money even though bitcoins went through the roof, but then starting to make money again after going blind, but not bothering getting any / much treatment for that as "whats the point" or perhaps being an illegal overstayer but still planning to move to another Country, whether that's possible or not even if he has to go to jail for a while whilst leaving his literally poor new BF with nothing ( except two dogs but no income or savings). Or then talking about moving house every other week but never "actually" doing it "yet", not to mention the 101 other crazy bat shit mad stories such as going camping ( even though he can hardly walk to the end of the street) that he may come out with, then yes I for one definitely think we should call him out on that crazy shit as I mean lets face it who in their right minds would ever believe such tall tails eh ?! :-)

Liked

Leave Smiles' thread alone.

Go find one of my threads to bitch and complain about me, and I'll reply. Out of respect for Smiles, not doing it here.

Thanks again for the story Smiles. Keep 'em coming.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

You !!?? Who mentioned YOU?? I was talking about SMILES there - OMG not EVERYTHING is about YOU you know !! Where you got "you" out of all that I'll NEVER know ! lol

9. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (November 22nd, 2017)

Senior member RonanTheBarbarian's Avatar
    Liked

very nice story Smiles.

You are really making me feel the lust for my little trip to Hua Hin in January...

I cannot play snooker or pool for toffee. I remember once in Chiang Mai I was drinking with a Shan guy and he suggested playing a game, and he absolutely demolished me.

When he suggested another game I refused to hit the snooker table with him again and would only play Comnect Four instead, much to his disgust, I dont think he thought it a suitable game for a macho Shan stud!

11. User who gave Like to post:

colmx (November 22nd, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Just 3 weeks ago I took my BF and a girlfriend of ours down to my local where they have a pool table, she asked did he want a game and he sheepishly declined and after a bit of poking admitted that he neither knew how to play and nor had he ever as much as held a cue in his hands before. I didn't believe a word if it until I forced him to play and watched the debacle of him not even knowing HOW to hold the cue, now manage to hit the ball without my hand to steady and guide him. However strangely somehow he managed to beat us BOTH in two games which he claimed to be beginners luck - me, Im thinking more bar room hustler and think I need to look a bit closer into his background to see how he REALLY spent his youth ! ( or NOT perhaps :-)

PS thanks for the actual rule clarification too there Smiles, that will come in handy when I'm next challenged for "trying to be a devious bastard"

13. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (November 22nd, 2017)

Liked

You !!?? Who mentioned YOU?? I was talking about SMILES there - OMG not EVERYTHING is about YOU you know !! Where you got "you" out of all that I'll NEVER know ! lol
    That wasn't about me? How drunk are you exactly right now?