Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snookered in Hua Him...

Liked

Snookered in Hua Him...

Allow me to wet your whistle slightly about boring old Hua Him.

A couple of weeks ago I walked over to New Guy Bar with the intent of playing some pool as well of wiping the floor with a young Thai man who had beaten me (not by much I should add) annoyingly ... and much worse, crowed about it loudly to anyone who would listen.

Well he wasn't there that night so I started playing with one of the other guys who've I've had many a tussle with. Not to dwell, but he also garotted me. Not my night I cursed into my beer, but in fact it hasn't been my month either.

ASIDE: Thai guys, especially the younger group are relatively easy to beat at pool as well most of the time because they have a massive fatal flaw: they REFUSE to pot balls slowly.
    With them, every shot must be as blasted as fast as possible. So ... They miss a lot. And get beaten a lot because of their flaw.
    I've gently attempted to get them to try shooting slowly, and with purpose, in so far as the 'leave' is possible.
    They try it for 5 minutes, but revert back to thinking the 7 ball must be punished severely.
    Now of course the caveat to my observations is that if the guy' s really good at potting he will beat you. Luckily such a guy is not common.

But back to my crying in my beer: That night I gave up and decided to become a Grinch at the bar stool. No more fucking pool that night for me.

So noticing I had left the field at Waterloo, a large boisterous German (Blucher?) took the table and commensed to playing with one of my faves. As time went on it became obvious that he was beating Nut.
    Now khun Nut is not used to losing and takes it quite personally when he does. So he put down the gauntlet to the Aryan that if he beat Nut one more time Nut would play the next game naked.
    At that point he got, not just another game, but a large audience! Mostly Thais. Some drooling Farangs.
    To make the story short, Nut lost and stripped down for the next game.

(The bar manager said no full Monty please, so in fact all we got was underwear, but a nice pair they were). Nut has a great body and the Farangs in the joint were now watching, wild-eyed... especially the Long Lean Over shots.
    Three more losses in his almost-nothingness went by until Nut finally won a game and put his pants back on.

Strangely I've not much see much of him lately. The boys in the bar said he was always being taken off just about every night these days ... sometimes more than once.
    I guess that's what an opportunity to view a large bulge and a nice bubble butt up close and leaning-over does for business.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Pardon my missed - spelling of "Hua Hin". Excuse?: writing a longish post on a Samsung J7.
    Last edited by Smiles; November 21st, 2017 at 10:32.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 22nd, 2017), colmx (November 22nd, 2017)

Liked

Re: Snookered in Hua Him...

Smiles, that's a great story. I don't play pool myself, but if my opponent was in his underpants, I might just reconsider my position.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Pardon my missed - spelling of "Hua Hin". Excuse?: writing a longish post on a Samsung J7.
    is there something special about the J7 keyboard that makes you want to pretend to have slipped Freudianly - twice?

or do pool-playing Androids not understand the need for the proper handling of ones cue when building up to shooting, regardless of the location's spelling?

bkkguy

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post
    is there something special about the J7 keyboard
    Nothing special, just too fucking small for longish posts. Where did I mention it was a slip of Freud's?
    "N"s and "M"s are beside each other and I'm a one-finger typer, and getting older and less dextrous. No pretense on my part, that's your ... er ...specialty, lately.

Liked

I've no idea about these new phones, but I'm still waiting for the photo of the guy in his underwear

7. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 22nd, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    I've no idea about these new phones, but I'm still waiting for the photo of the guy in his underwear
    And where did you get the impression photos were taken?

Liked

Allow me to wet your whistle slightly about boring old Hua Him.
    Only if 'wet your whistle' is a taster for more of the same to come. Real life happening in boring old HuaHin is a very welcome distraction from the usual fare here. Enjoyed that pool table tale.

I love a game of pool too. I'm not brilliant as I don't play enough, I only play when in Thailand so 'rusty' between visits, but I can stonewall away as I have an 'eye for the ball' as many football/golf/darts/badminton/cricket (if you must), players can have, but the pool table at Diamond Bar in Sunee is also great vantage point to view what's going on around the area with a couple of decent players there and only one freelancer shark (still to beat him, best I've done is down to the black). Pool tables in Sky Bar/Double Shot and Forest bar too although only played at Sky's iffy set up. But Marine (maleeen in Thai) Disco on Walking Street has excellent tables and plenty of them up the back if you're shy about spectators pouring over your every shot.

L&N with two tables in Jomtien used to be good too, is it still open? I seem to remember is being closed on my last trip.

I'm firmly in the 'slow shot-pot' camp, and if the sharp-shooter is in any way off the boil it can set up chances for amateurs like me to 'sneak in'. I engage in snookering tactics to make a game last a wee bit longer for me, much to the frustration of some of the excellent Thai blasters, that also throws up 'chances'...two attempts are better than one! is my response to the guys who mumble 'boring' under their breaths when giving away snookered 2 shots. Certainly calms them down though.

I have found in Thailand pool is a great way to interact with the lads, especially in Sunee/Pattaya as most lads are usually willing to have a go for fun and a few drinks around can be a great evening's fun before moving on to the more serious clubbing/music venues.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post
    ". I engage in snookering tactics to make a game last a wee bit longer".
    Which opens up the question of does anyone actually know IS it against the rules in Pool to INTENTIONALLY "snooker" someone, as I too wouldn't be adverse to such dirty tactics when up against it ( i.e. most times I ever play!) but have been lamblasted on more than one occassion by pool players who profess to know the actual rules of the game who claim it's "not on" - so, does anyone actually KNOW per chance, is that an illegal move or not ??

Liked

And where did you get the impression photos were taken?
    If photos weren't taken, I think that comes under the category of "missed opportunity".

Liked

In September, I played pool in Double Shot bar, with some very hot shirtless boys ..Didn't win a game, because of the distractions though ..Lol
    The Table in Sky Bar , has had a ripped cloth for the last 3 years , and Alain keeps saying he will get it fixed ..Lol