Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will Ireland trip up Brexit?

Liked

Re: Will Ireland trip up Brexit?

Yeah, the same kind of stunt that how a democratic nation gave rise to Hitler.

By all accounts and measure, Brexit is going to hurt the UK drastically. Can't wait to ask Niegel why 350 million pounds/month isn't going into the NHS.

And again, correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've heard at least, UK lawmakers are kidding themselves if they think the EU is going to be lenient when it comes to things like trade deals. If the UK wants to continue having access to the single EU market, then it's going to need to comply with EU trade and immigration laws still, making the whole Brexit thing pretty stupid and pointless.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Yeah, the same kind of stunt that how a democratic nation gave rise to Hitler.

By all accounts and measure, Brexit is going to hurt the UK drastically. Can't wait to ask Niegel why 350 million pounds/month isn't going into the NHS.

And again, correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've heard at least, UK lawmakers are kidding themselves if they think the EU is going to be lenient when it comes to things like trade deals. If the UK wants to continue having access to the single EU market, then it's going to need to comply with EU trade and immigration laws still, making the whole Brexit thing pretty stupid and pointless.
    I don't get the topic header in terms of what you write in your post.
    The only thing which would add some consistency to your theory would be that you think Hitler was Irish. I don't think he was, though I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Smiles; November 22nd, 2017 at 05:58.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

#17 - At Nirish

I did say, "Why not just class Northern Ireland as part of the ROI for purposes of Brexit"
    [i][color=#0000FF]"One day our descendants will think it incredible that we paid so much attention to things like the amount of melanin in our skin, or the shape of our eyes, or our gender, instead of the unique identities of each of us as complex human beings."
    ~ Franklin Thomas[/color][/i]

Liked

Am I the only one to be totally bored by this? It's been going on for a year, and we have another year and a half to go. There's a story every day in the Irish and UK papers about this. I've had enough and don't read them any more.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yep Yaren, I know you did and I do realise you that were intending to make that distinction. But I assure you that Unionists here wouldn't either see that nor care and would see as a watering down of the constitutional position of N.I within the UK and also of of the UK itself and that's position is already evident with the DUP drawing their red lines re that very type of Irish sea suggestion ( not that that red lines even mean much these days in todays say something now / change it tomorrow politics anyway it seems)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    By stunt of course you mean the democratic choice of a Sovereign nation .......
    Now you'd be disappointed if I didn't mention that the particular part of the sovereign nation concerned in this discussion (NI), actually voted to remain but their votes (like those of the Scots) were simply rendered meaningless by the in-built English majority.

Now, before Len bursts another blood vessel, I'm not saying the DUP is wrong to accept that, just gently pointing it out to any SGT foreign johnnies who might not have known

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Well of course I was referring to the Sovereign Nation of the UK as a whole, you know even that bit that includes the UK even though you hate to think it :-)

Liked

SG I think these foreign johnnies infiltrating the board need to be named and shamed.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Or deported?