Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping in the villages...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Sleeping in the villages...

must say leo is very do-able...I certainly wouldnt say no. But will only believe that this is them if they post a pic where both are making the peace sign.

Liked

Would you like us to wear spoons on our noses, and shoes on our heads too?

And considering your posts, get fucked if you think you're getting anywhere close to Leo.

3. User who gave Like to post:

snotface (November 19th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Relax, Matt. I have accepted that fact that you and Leo are real. No doubt about that. However, I suspect that I will, along with others, continue to question the choices you make in your life, as they are sometimes truly remarkable.

Since I never asked for a photo of you, I decline to provide one of me.

And I would point put that I have never called you a liar. I simply expressed my feeling that the Matt character was the product of a very creative imagination. If you wish to see me in the same light, I would be pleased. Now we know that you are real. The only thing that remains questionable is the wisdom of some of your future plans.

At least I provided you with a couple of links for Marshmallows and Camping gear.

Cheers

Liked

Matt I've no intention of staying in a tent - up to you. The hotel in KK you recommended will suit nicely. I think the last time I stayed in a tent was Neil Armstrong's moon landing. Wen were in Wiicklow with our boy's club, stayed up all night hoping to see them land on the moon. We didn't.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (November 19th, 2017)

Liked

@Bob -- Ok, so you no longer question my existence. Thanks, as that's nice, I guess. But now you questions my decisions in life?

See, this is a prime example of why I'm still living in a Buddhist society like Thailand. You only need to look in the mirror to see how cynical you are, and for no reason. This type of attitude has completely permeated throughout the Western world, and there's nothing positive about it. At least where I am it's the other way around, and everyone does what they can to lift each other up, instead of tear each other down like you guys do.

Go look in the mirror, Bob. Quit being so cynical. It might give you a short burst of happiness, but it's not good for anything -- yourself, or society as a whole.

Liked

Ah come on Matt, you can't believe Thailand is the perfect society, with the amount of corruption that is common place.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

9. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 20th, 2017)

Liked

Oh, of course it has it's share of problems, as all places do. However, I'd very much prefer living here than downtown Calgary, Manchester, or Leeds, that's for sure.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

About living in a Buddhist society: “…everyone does what they can to lift each other up, instead of tear each other down…”. Wrong.

You ever hear about the bucket of crabs? Whenever one tried to claw its way to the top and escape to a better existence, some of the others would make sure he didn’t make it. This is a common story in Asian societies. People want everyone to be to be the same. Everyone does not do what they can to lift each other up.

You see me as cynical. I see you as having a rose tinted perspective. You and I have quite opposing views and we’ll just live with that.

The problem I have always had with the Matt character, the one which prevented me considering the character in an entirely sympathetic light, stems from your nigh on ex cathedra pronouncements about how to conduct relationships with Thai guys and how to adjust to living in Thai society. You knew it all. No one else knew as much, so you claimed. Often. But later you were proven to be quite lacking in knowledge about how to handle things.

None of us knows all the answers. Sometimes it helps to listen to what other people think. You’ve certainly been subjected to a variety of opinions by different board members. Some of them might be worth considering.

12. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 20th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

matty...to date I've rather enjoyed your posts...must admit im not totally certain about some details..u look far too young to be able to support yourself and someone else and 2 kids in Thailand..sure we have all heard of clever people who somehow are able to earn a decent living working remotely from home...but in my VAST experience almost all have to touch base in person with the real world..as in report in person to an office for a few days a week and /or actually meet with clients....something u somehow do not seem to have to do.
    Ive met proof readers, book critics and even someone who re-marked university exam papers (so student would contest mark given for a paper and it would be rechecked) ...but all of these people would have to actually meet with their employers or clients at least once/quarter.

As for leo...what r u worried about?? That I'll entice him away...relax if he supposedly loves and adores u then what do u have to fear...remember the more u hold onto someone the more they will try to flee...let him fuck around..its healthy.
    And Im still waiting for the pic I requested...and no photo shopping please...

Liked

Of course, Bob. Why do you think I've been making all these posts divulging personal details of my life lately? I'm on a learning curve here too, and don't worry, am taking everything in.

I'm the furthest thing from a closed minded individual. However, when it comes to people who are cynical or berating, then I immediately lose all respect, and shut down. Just ask my gather. He's showed up in Khon Kaen unannounced twice now, trying to get me to go back to Canada. Unfortunately for him, he acted like an ass both times, so everything he said fell on deaf ears with me.

Treat people how you want to be treated, and all that. Very simple, yet very important rule in life that many people seem to forget quite often.