Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping in the villages...

Liked

Re: Sleeping in the villages...

On the topic of sleeping in the villages, so far Leo has been sleeping for about 13 hours. He woke up once to pee, and once to get a midnight snack. Let's see how many more hours until he actually wakes up.

That's must be because sleeping in his father's house out in the village is oh so comfortable.

Liked

Matt are you familiar with the term oversharing. Who gives a shit what time Leo gets up for a piss. Please, even you must have limits on what you share.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

3. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 29th, 2017)

Liked

Don't be a grumpy old man, Joe.

If the villages were as comfortable as some in this thread are making them out to be, then he wouldn't have crashed for 13+ hours like he has.

I just woke him up with some scrambled eggs with fried ham though. Breakfast in bed! I'm a good husband like that.

Liked

Jason, I apologise for my language yesterday. Matt and I were both having a bad day. I do think you were being a bit presumptuous.

You may have missed a thread I started recently about my retirement options once my State Pension kicks in, in about 4 or 5 years time. The question I asked was, should I retire to Thailand or Tenerife. I think the consensus was that I wouldn't have the amount of capital the Thai government require to issue a retirement visa. Anyway, you can search for the thread, it's quite recent.

My point is that conversation confirmed that Tenerife was a much better retirement option for me. So that's what I'm planning for. One of the differences between Matt and I is that I'm talking about retirement, while he's talking about starting a new family. Surely you can see the difference?

If I retire to Tenerife,and for whatever reason decide I've made a mistake, I can come home.

If Matt finds that adopting Leo's nephews was a mistake, for whatever reason, what's he going to do? Just send the kids back? And just to be clear Matt, 'cos I know you'll read that, I don't believe you would do that.

So really you're comparing apples and oranges in my view.

Liked

Sorry Matt I was writing a long post to Jason. You feature in it.

When you say scrambled eggs and ham is that the same as I would call eggs and fried bacon? My favourite breakfast, although I only eat breakfast when on holiday.

Liked

Yes, Goe. We didn't have any bacon though. Or maybe we do, but I just couldn't find it. Buy yes, same thing, just fried ham instead of bacon.

He seems to be quite pleased about it, and I got a hug out of the deal.

Ok, now pork fried rice for my dogs. Then worry about getting myself fed after that.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Don't be a grumpy old man, Joe.

If the villages were as comfortable as some in this thread are making them out to be, then he wouldn't have crashed for 13+ hours like he has.

I just woke him up with some scrambled eggs with fried ham though. Breakfast in bed! I'm a good husband like that.
    I merely stated that sleeping in a Lao village is comfortable enough. Leo should get his ass out of bed, 13 hours of sleep is not normal for a lad his age. Get him a job !

Liked

justaguy, for a lad still going through puberty (at 23) 13 hours sleep is not unusual.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    justaguy, for a lad still going through puberty (at 23) 13 hours sleep is not unusual.
    Really ? At that age I worked, no way one could sleep that long. Not normal where I come from. No wonder they all seem to have money problems....

Liked

Geez.... he doesn't usually sleep that long, and is by no means lazy. I was just pointing out the fact that he was quite obviously exhausted after a simple few days in his village. Kinda goes against some of your presumptions that the villages are just fine and comfortable to sleep in.

Again, I'm sticking with the camp site idea. That sounds much better to me. There's ways around the cooling issue.